Vicki is constantly letting herself in and out of the run. She likes to come out first thing in the morning to eat the bugs and lay her egg. Throughout the day she'll hope in and out depending on the weather. I think she looks wonderful and I really wish I could let all of my chooks live like this.

View attachment 2630025

Even though she has the most black in her feathers, she is the most like her Leghorn breeding. The others will let me touch them and will take food from my hand. Vicki will not do either.
She is a legend at our house. That leghorn heritage desires to be free and is smart enough to find a way.

I have fixed my post to be inside a spoiler. Two problems first that it doesn't carry over to replies so you can still read the post if you click expand on your reply, and secondly my original post on this topic (which was less graphic) has been up for too long to allow me to edit it - at least I don't see that option.
I am so sorry to everyone I upset.
All of us that love animal's can feel hurt but nothing like the experience and pain you encountered at the time. As I said before it's a good thing to share with your friends.

I'm glad you shared the memory. It's a reminder that some people are vicious.

Being upset is healthy and makes us stronger.
We may not feel this when going through a trauma but that is so very true :).

Plus I must add, for those of us that haven't had such a devastating shock, reading something like what RC experienced can prepare us and when it happens we will know we are not alone.

There's always going to be some other creature too help.

Last edited:
:confused:Vicki is constantly letting herself in and out of the run. She likes to come out first thing in the morning to eat the bugs and lay her egg. Throughout the day she'll hope in and out depending on the weather. I think she looks wonderful and I really wish I could let all of my chooks live like this.

View attachment 2630025

Even though she has the most black in her feathers, she is the most like her Leghorn breeding. The others will let me touch them and will take food from my hand. Vicki will not do either.
She's so proud and white, unlike my girl who is supposed to be white :confused:

Back
Top Bottom