Well, her sister Daisy TSGHE... who is named for Bob’s Daisy TGHE... is really something! She has just an amazing personality! I love her! Minnie is usually a bit flighty but when I just went out to lock them up she let me give her some pats and then place her on the roost💕... here’s little Daisy TSGHE...View attachment 2664380
🥰 DAISY! 🥰

I know it is not chicken related, but I want to share these pictures I took earlier. Today Rosie turned 13. Folks, my one and only is a TEENAGER!!! Her best friend came up for a sleepover and wanted to double for a while this evening. All I asked was for a decent picture. You would have thought I was asking them to to walk across broken glass barefoot with the complaints I was getting. At least Russ cooperated and I got a couple good ones.
View attachment 2664378View attachment 2664379View attachment 2664381View attachment 2664386
90% of them one or both had this expression on their face.
View attachment 2664392
Wonderful photos anyway. My they grow up fast.

Peekaboo!
F5C46974-7895-4DA7-90A3-E0F12B9F4BDD.png

I have them go across the tops of the neighboring tomato cages, like a hedge, and brace them well. Doesn't look neat, but it works. Tomato jungle! But also, our season may be shorter than most. Frost will put and end to any overly-ambitious tomato plants. We end up picking the remaining green ones and ripening them inside.
Cool! I'd love to see a photo of this! So far all but one plant in the garden are doing. well. My tomato hospital on the front step? Not so much. These are the plants that experienced freezing weather on the front step (protected with warmth from the house and plastic, but sill!!) followed by a transplant without proper hardening off, followed by a heat wave. Poor things may not make it. 60+ degrees differential across just a few days seems to be too much for them to recover from. Only ONE, Cherokee Purple, has done poorly on the second attempt, too. Coincidence? Or is this variety especially touchy?

Back
Top Bottom