I really like the little flying bears. I rescued one from my window blinds once, it sat on my hand and as I was taking it outside she turned on my hand and actually looked at me. I was in awe I'd never dreamed of that happening. It took time to get her to sit on a leaf. I almost wanted to keep her but I wouldn't be that selfish. Blush ☺️
That must have been wonderful. 🥰

I love it! He's very handsome!
And..... he doesn’t 💩 all over the place! It goes in the chickens room with all the rest of the gifts that my church friends have given me. It’s interesting that even the church pastor doesn’t receive gifts from the congregation like I do. (I’m still wondering why)🤔

Oh...I meant to say, totally get the newness and being all gung-ho about it.
Now...well now my gardening attention span is short. And that's after investing into an indoor set up with lights and timers and heirloom seeds and whatnot at the beginning of the pandemic.

My electric bill went up considerably and I had to rethink if I wanted to pay $87.63 for a side salad.

I mean it was tasty and probably worth $90....but still.
I just spent $50 on plants and had the same thought. It will be a lot of salads I hope. The real problem is that at least here, you cannot buy a decent tomato. If you want good ones, you have to grow them.

Tax:
My brother's chicks actually used the swing he built.
63372.jpeg

What a beautiful and rewarding end to a hard days work 💜
Don’t they kick out all the dirt from your garden beds onto the grass?
Penny and Bok would have emptied mine of soil I think if they had the option! The new ones are blocked off from them from the get go, plus I do spring and autumn plantings.
My trouble is a cat coming and digging everything up in the night :barnie
They have never emptied the dirt. I will turn it over and pile it up in the middle and they will spread it back out to the edge for me. It's a good system.

Chicken tax:
20170728_173534.jpg

Lazy afternoon here. I had a big lunch and lounging on my patio, little Coco jumped up an laid down beside me. She snuggled up close and fell asleep. Then I said “why not” and fell asleep too. I woke up to find 5 barred rock Pullets laying around me, on me and at my feet. (Just way too cute for words) I didn’t have my iPhone for a picture of it.:( But it was a surprise when I woke up! :eek:
What a wonderful surprise. Lucky you.

Back
Top Bottom