If there was any leftover frustration I felt from momma hens surprise a few days ago it completely melted away as I was filling my coffee pot this morning. I look out the window and she is sunning herself surrounded by her chicks with 3 perched on her back. She looked so happy and content doing what is really her calling and rearing chicks. Went out a few minutes ago and gave everyone a treat of leftover biscuits from last night and momma made sure the chicks got what they wanted before anyone else was allowed near. I snapped a few pictures but never managed to get all 10 in one shot. They have grown so much in the past few days and besides their legs, all are identical.
View attachment 2730173View attachment 2730174View attachment 2730175View attachment 2730176
What a great momma. I love hens and chicks together. 🥰

Alright, enough is enough! I made a great hamburger 🍔 lunch, and wanted to eat it on the patio, but NOOO, I was attacked by seven velociraptors, took my sandwich, my chips and my pride!! Gezzz:barnie:he
Mrs BY Bob thought I would want my father's day dinner outside with the ladies. This is exactly why I said no. 😆

Two-fer Tuesday?
Noticing Butters' new back feathers are very light, looking a little bleached. Here she is on the left, with Popcorn. You can sort of see her hackle feathers are filling in but there's still quite a noticeable gap.
IMG_20210622_150936840.jpg

Back
Top Bottom