How are your girls @micstrachan?
Hi! Thanks for asking. I was going to provide an update! Here are a few bullets:

• I think Roxy had mild heat stroke the other day, but seems better now. I won’t go into how I helped her, but I did. :)

• Dorothy has laid a few more shelled eggs. They all look cracked and mended, but at least they have shells!

• Lucky seeks to have responded well to the Doxycycline, but is still pretty thin.

• Last but not least… Ruby was LAST to bed tonight. She went to her favorite roosting spot at 8:26pm. Since she was out by herself, I let her have all the cooked brown rice and sardines (her current favorites) she wanted. She still had to use the ramp to get up to first level of roosting area, had a tough morning yesterday and is still super skinny, but my goodness, she is amazing. I’ve been giving her private feedings most mornings and have been giving the flock WAY too many treats to get her to eat. It seems to be working. Still grateful for every day she has. ❤️

Last edited:
So I’m not quite caught up and have had lots going on. In addition to my (mildly) high blood pressure, I’ve had three recent episodes of a crazy, racing, pounding heart. Saw the doc. At her request/recommendation, bought a mobile EKG-at-your-fingertips device, managed to capture some recordings of my racing heart and sent a couple to her. A cardiologist reviewed them and confirmed her suspicions. I have Supraventricular Tachycardia and started on meds tonight. As a bonus, the meds prescribed for the tachycardia should also lower my blood pressure. Woohoo!

Tax
82DD95C8-6E34-40F2-A6B0-0552E1C17F1D.jpeg

You want either Tile or the new Air Tag. They work with your phone. And are freakishly good.
A friend gave me a Tile a couple of years ago and I decided to leave it in a drawer in the kitchen because I found it telling me where my keys were too weird. But no question a goat could wear it either on a collar or an ear-ring.
It works with an app on iPhone.
Yep. Our dog wears a Tile. :)

That brings up an interesting question, what is the reason for the carrying on? Complaining to get the nestbox occupant to hurry up and leave? Or at least announcing the intention and need to lay, maybe in order to secure a spot "in line" for it, or announce you're next so anybody else has to wait? If there is no one in the nestbox she wants, did Phyllis still carry on?

Now she has her Secret Garden, and no competition at all, but it is not a safe secure place like the coop, so there's an extra need to be quiet.

What do you and everyone here think?
I was thinking along those lines too. The safety aspect. Didn't even occur to me that she might be "dibs-ing" the nest box! :lol:

So I’m not quite caught up and have had lots going on. In addition to my (mildly) high blood pressure, I’ve had three recent episodes of a crazy, racing, pounding heart. Saw the doc. At her request/recommendation, bought a mobile EKG-at-your-fingertips device, managed to capture some recordings of my racing heart and sent a couple to her. A cardiologist reviewed them and confirmed her suspicions. I have Supraventricular Tachycardia and started on meds tonight. As a bonus, the meds prescribed for the tachycardia should also lower my blood pressure. Woohoo!

Tax
View attachment 2731080
Glad they are sorting you out Michelle. Good on you for getting it seen to straight away. 👍

Good morning :)

Would anyone have any advice on how to keep slug out of the coop. I use the earth clay but they are still coming in. I thought of a metal copper strip but read that this can poison the birds as they are attracted to shiny things. Will try a can of beer later but how to keep the girls out of that is going to be another problem. I don't need raging drunk hens :he

I miss my sister. I think I will surprise her and take her to dinner tomorrow. She’s in SanDiego, a quick hop from here in Central Valley. (I need to show her my schedule, and flight plans. So nothing is left to chance for our family reunion in Hawaii) I also heard that my uncle and two cousins might want to come as well . That would be awesome!
I lived for a few years in Twenty nine Palms, summers got very hot there!!

Back
Top Bottom