Fire up the Way-Back Machine

I am so grateful that Mr. Peabody has been able to fully restore the way-back machine. We are going to do a quick video journey!

Mr. Peabody, set the way-back machine for June 20, 2017

chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump

For all of you with a white hen that likes to be camouflaged, The Greatest Hen ever decided to dust bathe in blackest dirt she could find that day. She sure did enjoy herself.

Here is what she looked like afterwards. :eek:
View attachment 2731391

OK Mr. Peabody, enough Dirty Birds. How about some freshly hatched ones. Let's set the way-back for June 20, 2020.

chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump, chumma chumma chumma, hufft hufft, falump

Here is some lovely video. Just so we all remember Sydney as a Mum. :love

OK Mr. Peabody, it was a short trip back but fun nonetheless. Please return us to the present.

I think the way-back is working just fine. We should look at some more trips in the near future.
What a nice blast from the past. I love the sound effects. 😆

Tsuki occasionally would get black with dirt too.

Here she is having a bath for other reasons
IMG20191229110004(1).jpg

There was a place in Alabama making ceramic water dispensers but those ones were unreliable in freezing temps, and I'm thinking of all that snow you had last winter.
Where did you find the place in Alabama? I would only use them in the spring summer and fall when the ladies are out free ranging. They dont venture far from coop in the winter, even though we do shovel and even snowblow paths for them :lau

I feel much better now. My rooster Jaffar is out in the barn/coop crowing. (To me, that means “daddy, I’m doing great today and a good morning to you”) I sure love that little rooster! Or in other words, little feathered basketball. That’s him with Emily, one of his many hens.View attachment 2732623
Background is my attempt at painting my local mountains (I’m a pilot, not an artist, obviously)

Hi! Thanks for asking. I was going to provide an update! Here are a few bullets:

• I think Roxy had mild heat stroke the other day, but seems better now. I won’t go into how I helped her, but I did. :)

• Dorothy has laid a few more shelled eggs. They all look cracked and mended, but at least they have shells!

• Lucky seeks to have responded well to the Doxycycline, but is still pretty thin.

• Last but not least… Ruby was LAST to bed tonight. She went to her favorite roosting spot at 8:26pm. Since she was out by herself, I let her have all the cooked brown rice and sardines (her current favorites) she wanted. She still had to use the ramp to get up to first level of roosting area, had a tough morning yesterday and is still super skinny, but my goodness, she is amazing. I’ve been giving her private feedings most mornings and have been giving the flock WAY too many treats to get her to eat. It seems to be working. Still grateful for every day she has. ❤️
This all sounds great. The best set of news from your neck of the woods in some time! I'm so happy for all of you!

Back
Top Bottom