Popcorn does sound like a master predator. None of mine have eaten anything so big as a frog. Although Elphie did try to once eat a mouse from the pool skimmer. She grabbed it and was running around the yard with it in her beak. Not know for sure how long it had been dead, I did not let her eat it.

No one in the current tribe messes with any of the dead rodents the pool collects.
There are no crickets, mice, or even cats here. My velociraptors are diligent in owning my property (I guess I’m next to go) :gig

Same problem here! So I used the little sad face. How can you not notice chickens lying prostrate on the ground panting? How do you not notice when they begin to die? How can you not notice how freakin’ hot it is and think “oh wow, I better make sure the chickens have enough shade, enough fresh water, and proper ventilation in their coop”???
That jerk is not any kind of a chicken keeper!
Well said.

I became worried about the hens consuming microplastics and zinc, so I hunted around for ceramic water jars. Here's a photo.

But those ones are not safe for chicks.

For chicks, I'd do what @BY Bob did and use a small and shallow tray with marbles in it to prevent accidental drowning.
I just put marbles in the standard tractor supply chick waterer. I can't find a photo of it right now. I'll post one if I do.

My goodness! Go more than 24 hours without posting and I end up far behind!

@micstrachan can't say anymore than what had been said, but good to repeat - glad you're taking care of yourself. Also so happy Ruby is trucking along.
@Blazinga so happy for you and lots of fingers crossed for best possible outcomes.
@Marie2020 @featherhead007 you two need your own comedy show 😂
@BY Bob @RoyalChick my girls get underfoot too! I've taken to walking with one arm stretched out in front of me bc they are always hopeful I have a treat (95% of the time, I do not 🤣)
@Cynthia12 nice to see you ❤
I'm forgetting about 20 other things I wanted to comment on 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Naenae did laid a beautiful and healthy egg today. You wouldn't even know this is the same bird that had so many problems a few days ago. 😊😊😊
I may be acting a little superstitious, but I left the infirmary set up in the house just in case.
So glad to hear the good news on Naenae. They can be remarkable birds, can't they.

Back
Top Bottom