I had a health scare today. I was feeling “weird” while working on a junk pile from the garage. Then I noticed my heart was working WAY too hard. It was POUNDING and going double time. This has happened before, but resting for a few minutes took care if it. Not this time. It lasted well over half an hour and I was very light headed. Heart was pounding so hard my body would rock just slightly when I was laying down.

I was dehydrated and had an extra espresso shot in my coffee. I am pretty sensitive to caffeine (combo if adrenaline and caffeine makes me visibly tremble).

I crawled down the hall and told my husband how to make me some electrolytes. Eventually my heart calmed down, but I was super exhausted afterward. I need to take better care of myself.

Chicken tax:
View attachment 2707450
Look after yourself lovely lady! :hugs

The Silkies will be 3 weeks old tomorrow and the little Marans who of course is a boy still thinks his siblings are weird.
DSCN4213.JPG

And if you want to talk about attitude that little Marans guy has it, in spades. He turned 3 weeks old today. Holly is super protective this time around, way more so then last year and if they are out she will charge the back of your legs as you walk by. That little guy has started rushing my boots now too after his momma has made her point. But if I sit down in the yard with them, he's the first one to hop in my lap trying to be friends.

Getting ready for an even hotter heat wave 😵 expecting 95 tomorrow and over 100 on Sunday. This is August weather not June! Just put treat blocks in the freezer for the girls. Homemade popsicles for the humans go in next.
In our summer that just passed I made natural yoghurt and frozen fruit pops in these silicon popsicle mould things and froze them. They did well for both family and chickens! Haha

When he hatched I had a gut reaction that the sole Marans was a boy. He was born with a comb. It became obvious at 2 weeks I was right. You cant really see them in the picture but not only is his comb bigger, his wattles started developing a week ago. I also think because he's a boy and is just such a chunk he's the reason I look at the silkies and worry about their growth. They are growing, but when I see the rapid growth of him I sometimes panic thinking they have something wrong. The first picture is when he was 24 hours old, see the comb. The 2nd was yesterday. I thought the cockerel fairy had finally decided to visit someone else and leave me alone for the season.
DSCN4114.JPG
DSCN4213.JPG

Back
Top Bottom