Well, shoot. Not only is Ruby in really bad shape, but I think I am losing Dorothy, too. I’m not sure if she’s egg bound or has an infection, but she was in bad shape this morning and I just called the house. My son said she’s not doing well. I have an out of town retreat for work the next two days, so I’m not really going to be able to help her. My poor babies.
That's so hard to deal with! I'll be thinking of you all and sending good thoughts. The separation pangs are terrible when someone home is sick. Thinking logically, what would you do for either of your scenario speculations if you were able to be home? A warm Epsom salts bath? Start a course of antibiotics? A trip to the vet? Or just being company for the girls, as a comfort to them? So for the things that can be done, is there anyone that can try to do these things for Dorothy and Ruby?

My littlest two, Arizona and Dakota usually eat inside this box, but Emily won’t let them near their food. She’s being a real brat! :he She’s not even eating the food, just guarding the door. (It’s all about the integration problem I’m having trouble with)
19EC1D76-4198-4952-A1A9-A3A9F98C517F.jpeg

Runner's egg is not soft-shelled, but her eggs are looking kind of 'crumbly' (by 'crumbly I mean not smooth, but in shape), but her eggs are bigger than before. Any suggestions of why or any problem that may have caused that?
It's not unusual for eggs to sometimes take on odd appearances at times. Remind me, How old is she? Can you post a picture of her eggs?

You saw when she was eating the treat and she sort of did a little backup with her head down? I’ve been wondering about this.. Claudine does it so much she will walk backwards a good ways... like she’ll take about 7 or 8 steps back and lower her head from side to side... kinda weaving it!
I was wondering what this was and have come to the conclusion that it’s a habit that they form from being pecked so much by others🤷🏼‍♀️... am I way off and if so.. does anyone know what this is? I was wondering if it were a neurological issue but since I just saw Phyllis do it too then I might be right... 🤔
I'm going to watch more but you may be right. It might be from being surprise pecked too often.

I suppose not going on the retreat is out of the question?

We used to do retreats but trashed them when everyone realised how much it cost in terms of people's private lives, families etc.
A good quick gauge on deciding between two conflicting "requirements" is to imagine yourself in later years looking back on your life and trying to feel from that vantage point which is the most important to you. You can also look at it from there with the idea: What will have the most lasting positive impact on my life going forward?

How is Butter's limp? Has she improved at all?
Butter's limp is practically gone. It's only barely there if she overdoes it over the course of the day. You can tell there is a slight hitch in her gait if she does try to run. But then, if someone didn't know about her injury they might not even notice or look for it like I do.

My littlest two, Arizona and Dakota usually eat inside this box, but Emily won’t let them near their food. She’s being a real brat! :he She’s not even eating the food, just guarding the door. (It’s all about the integration problem I’m having trouble with)
View attachment 2777163
Someone is certainly exhibiting dominance. You should try to move them to eating someplace that can not be blocked but you already know that.

Butter's limp is practically gone. It's only barely there if she overdoes it over the course of the day. You can tell there is a slight hitch in her gait if she does try to run. But then, if someone didn't know about her injury they might not even notice or look for it like I do.
She is amazing. I'm so happy to here that. :hugs

You saw when she was eating the treat and she sort of did a little backup with her head down? I’ve been wondering about this.. Claudine does it so much she will walk backwards a good ways... like she’ll take about 7 or 8 steps back and lower her head from side to side... kinda weaving it!
I was wondering what this was and have come to the conclusion that it’s a habit that they form from being pecked so much by others🤷🏼‍♀️... am I way off and if so.. does anyone know what this is? I was wondering if it were a neurological issue but since I just saw Phyllis do it too then I might be right... 🤔
The Buckeyes do it and I see them looking up too, watching something. I believe it's a small flying insect, at least I have seen this once or twice when I've seen the insect they're watching, once a small fly and once a gnat. I think that's why their step is very unpredictable, they are tracking the bug. But I've seen them do it when I can't tell what they're tracking. Another clue is they've only done this since Spring or Summer. So if they keep doing it in Winter there would have to be another explanation.

Back
Top Bottom