Also when I feel GreyWhite, my leader hen's crop, it's very soft, a little liquidy. When I feel Yellowie, my bottom hen (who was at the very bottom before our three new chicks came along), when I feel her crop, it's much harder, but still a little soft. Is there a problem with that? When I touched their crop, it was at night.
You really need to evaluate crop first thing in the morning before they’ve had a chance to consume anything. Large, small, hard, soft… it’s all “normal” throughout the day.

I'm back from visiting family! Was a wonderful trip 😊
Michelle, I am so sorry to read about beautiful Dorothy, and I know your heart is breaking being far from Ruby.
Bob, we are nearing the EDD! Very exciting!
Alex, I hope the integration goes well.
Lady Clucks - my Naenae lays wrinkled eggs like that too. She also produces extremely large eggs, double yolks and soft shell eggs (often 2 in one day). We give lots of calcium and supplements...holding onto the hope her little body rights itself soon (she's only 6mos).
I'm looking forward to more Blueberry updates!
Perplexed about the silkie disappearance...still thinking a snake?

My little update...I've learned just how amazing my dear friend that is an animal lover through and through is. She checked on the chickens everyday MULTIPLE TIMES despite someone else being hired to help. Originally I didn't ask her because she is so busy. She has fallen in love with them 🥰🥰
Wonderful update!

I agree with this. One year Millie almost starved herself to death during molt.

A trick I learned from a BYC friend on the emergency forums is to make a mash out of feed and water and then mix in some buttermilk for a nutritional boost.
I forgot to mention… ANY canned fish is great protein, as Bob already suggested.😊

Back
Top Bottom