My fermented layers feed was off

If it smells like yogurt or sourdough it's good.
warning. if it smells of anything different please throw it away.

Mine turned awful and was like a blue cheese that had gone off five years ago. :sick

It is now binned, roll on collection day
I’ve had mine go bad, too. Blech!

Good morning. Late last night I tubed just a little formula with water and gatorade into Ruby. This morning her crop wasn’t empty, so I tubed a little fluid (~20mL), waited, and then tubed some more (~40mL). She then ate a few bites of feed. It would probably be better if she were more hydrated, but she was hungry. The fluid definitely helps and perks her up. She was slowly walking around the kitchen and living room looking for something else to eat, so I scrambled an egg and warmed up some rice (I used up all the brown rice, so it was white… not very nutritious, but at least some calories).

She’s mostly picking up and dropping the rice in the video, but she had eaten a bunch before that. Then I took her outside, she sat in the sun for a moment, ate a few forage sprouts, and had a dust bath (I assisted with the dust bath).

I returned her to the run and she sat down under the little red coop. Water and feed are near her. I’ll bathe her butt when it gets warmer and will check her periodically. When I find her with low crop volume, I’ll tube fluid and/or baby bird formula.

Depending on how she does today, I will likely bring her back in tonight so I can tube after hours and then again in the morning.

Good morning. Late last night I tubed just a little formula with water and gatorade into Ruby. This morning her crop wasn’t empty, so I tubed a little fluid (~20mL), waited, and then tubed some more (~40mL). She then ate a few bites of feed. It would probably be better if she were more hydrated, but she was hungry. The fluid definitely helps and perks her up. She was slowly walking around the kitchen and living room looking for something else to eat, so I scrambled an egg and warmed up some rice (I used up all the brown rice, so it was white… not very nutritious, but at least some calories).

She’s mostly picking up and dropping the rice in the video, but she had eaten a bunch before that. Then I took her outside, she sat in the sun for a moment, ate a few forage sprouts, and had a dust bath (I assisted with the dust bath).

I returned her to the run and she sat down under the little red coop. Water and feed are near her. I’ll bathe her butt when it gets warmer and will check her periodically. When I find her with low crop volume, I’ll tube fluid and/or baby bird formula.

Depending on how she does today, I will likely bring her back in tonight so I can tube after hours and then again in the morning.
Sounds like you are giving her amazing care Michelle! I hope she continues to improve for you! :hugs

Coop Front is On

I have not yet cut out window. I'm using it as a guide.

20210731_131918.jpg

Lots of help so far
20210731_123353.jpg

20210731_123405.jpg

Back
Top Bottom