What is an over hatch notice?
Can you call and check you get exactly what you asked for (it is not like it is a huge order!)?
You have me nervous now too and I don't even know what it means!
I ordered the last available Polish ladies. The breeder assumes that X number of Polish will hatch and will be ladies out of a batch of eggs which are incubating. They take orders for that many. If there is an over hatch, that means more chicks hatched than they planned on and they send an email saying "we got extras for sale".

I was hoping to see extra Polish for sale but I did not. That would have assured me of getting Polish.

I gave them permission to switch out any chick for another Polish should there be an under hatch. If no Polish are available they are to call me to confer on a substitute. I must have a minimum of 3 chicks for them to survive the trip.

@BY Bob , did they guarantee that you would get exactly what you ordered? I take for granted here, that when I ask for something, I get it! BR’s are much easier to match only two choices M/F feathers are about the same. But not in Polish so… :fl:bow
I explained how it works for RC. My apologies to everyone. I assumed everyone knew how it worked. :oops:

Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock' https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...es-stories-of-our-flock.1286630/post-24659644
@RoyalChick my girls get 1 scoop of the kelp in their layer feed and 1 or 2 scoops of the Ultra Cruz each day.
They prefer the vinegar water to the oregano water (have multiple watering stations to suit their feathery fancy)

Now all of this being said...despite the ease up of soft eggs...Naenae is still over achieving and thinks she is an ostrich.View attachment 2782764
Lord that is huge! 😯

Good morning, All My Friends at Fluffy Butt Acres! 🌞🥰☕

I am behind something fierce this time. I have been busy doing necessary but much less fun things. Sometimes I just have to skip over and go to the end or I will never know what’s going on.
Anyway, some mugs are in order!
View attachment 2782774View attachment 2782775View attachment 2782776View attachment 2782778View attachment 2782779View attachment 2782780View attachment 2782781View attachment 2782782View attachment 2782783
well… they are all “mugs”… :gig :lau
I love it! You are back just in time for CHICKS!

Basil is definitely hitting his teenage stage and last night he got disciplined by Drumstick. One of the things I don't allow my boys to do is direct the "rooster dance" towards me or other people. To me that is bad behavior and I worry if I allowed it, it could escalate into more unwanted behaviors. For the first time Basil tried it yesterday morning, and I immediately walked into him and made him back up. Last night at roosting time Basil was the last one to be put up. As usual he was sitting on the ground waiting his turn, but when I started to walk towards him he hopped up and tried it again. This time I didn't have time to correct him, in a instant Drumstick was off the roost and on him. Drumstick didn't hurt him and it was over in a few seconds but he got the message from his daddy that we don't do that. I then walked up to Basil again who was laying down with Drumstick glaring down at him and picked him no fuss at all. and placed him on the roost. Drumstick got praised for being a good boy, and got a extra wattle and chest rub before being put on the roost again. This morning Basil ran up to me when I went out to feed, but stopped about 2 feet from me and waited patiently for breakfast. Since he behaved and asked for it by practically standing on tip toes I gave him a chest rub. He didn't get his last night. I want to reward good behavior not bad. Hopefully between me and Drumstick he wont get out of line. As a teenager Drumstick himself was not perfect and had a few lessons on proper behavior but he was smart and learned very quickly. Lets hope Basil is the same.
That is amazing. Just more proof that a cockerel needs a full grown rooster to raise him right. Good job on your part. 👍👍

Back
Top Bottom