Well, my live trap caught 2 mice. Dumped into tall, empty trash can. Cat is off somewhere so took the can out to the chooks. They came a running. Tipped it over, mice ran up to lip, stared at chooks, chooks stared back. Mice retreated to bottom of can. Chooks kept watching, then backed off. ......finally dumped the mice out in the bare patch (silver's dustbath). Chooks circled around....mice froze. Peck at....then....Jessica grabbed one and took off. The other mouse bolted for greater cover. And the chase was on. I think the one got away but Jessica killed hers. Now Cuckoo has it and Jess and Pear are both trailing her around. MICE, BEWARE! THE ATTACK CHICKENS FIGURED IT OUT!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 🎉🎉🎉

Sounds delish! I thought Kimchi was a fermented food. (?)

Tax (the original four as pullets):
View attachment 2876609
Yes, it is supposed to be fermented (and it does), but we eat it as salad on day 1 if I haven't prepared in enough time.
I forgot to mention to add ginger to the sauce. I do not add sugar to mine, but you can!

True. It doesn’t sound like much for for her. I’m not sure how many days it would take, either. I also found a third egg membrane (like it had been a soft egg, but maybe someone ate the insides) on the ground. She’s going haywire like Naenae.
Poor thing! The membrane around the egg isn't something I've seen before you shared the videos. Can the vet do a phone consult about it?

Naenae has slowed down considerably. She isn't even laying every day anymore. It has gotten colder and the days are shorter, so I think this is a big help.
Her hormone treatment is fully worn off (only lasts 1 month and we are well past), so this is all her little body slowing down.
She looks svelte now!
20211013_084127.jpg

Poor thing! The membrane around the egg isn't something I've seen before you shared the videos. Can the vet do a phone consult about it?

Naenae has slowed down considerably. She isn't even laying every day anymore. It has gotten colder and the days are shorter, so I think this is a big help.
Her hormone treatment is fully worn off (only lasts 1 month and we are well past), so this is all her little body slowing down.
She looks svelte now! View attachment 2876730
Indeed she does!

Back
Top Bottom