Sylvie is Gone

She out free ranging and I turned my back to do something and a hawk killed her. It was over when I heard it.

I'm telling everyone this so you know. I do not want to hear that it was for the best, or that I should have done X, or anything else. If you respond in that way I will block you. I am beyond devasted and I just don't want to hear I told you so or anything that you think is constructive. Frankly right now I'm ready to give up the chickens all together.

I don't know when I'll be back to the thread. It could be tomorrow, it could be a week.
Very sorry Bob. :(:hugs:hugs

Sylvie is Gone

She out free ranging and I turned my back to do something and a hawk killed her. It was over when I heard it.

I'm telling everyone this so you know. I do not want to hear that it was for the best, or that I should have done X, or anything else. If you respond in that way I will block you. I am beyond devasted and I just don't want to hear I told you so or anything that you think is constructive. Frankly right now I'm ready to give up the chickens all together.

I don't know when I'll be back to the thread. It could be tomorrow, it could be a week.
:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs
My deepest condolences.

What's that in there with the Astralorps? :love I see a feathered footsie:love...and it is feathering at a different pace, too. Dark Brahma? Cochin?
Yup it’s a dark Brahma! He is grown up now he is like five months old!
7DC4A391-F338-47A8-88DE-5712065FE2E7.jpeg

Sylvie is Gone

I’m so sorry. :hugs :hugs :hugs

Emily isn’t good tonight. She couldn’t get up on her perch. She found a place closer to the ground inside the coop. She tried staying close to Jaffar, but he’s not in the mood, and pecked her (soft enough, but she got the message) :( I hope she makes it through the night.:fl
Here’s where she WAS perched. But I’m not taking any chances (and I brought her inside with me) she’s acting a little lethargic at the moment. EE751D7B-6974-4533-A6AC-443161AB3E4B.jpeg

The official breed is Feather Duster and the Latin name is Domus Pullum. (I did actually read ahead and saw some replies. Olivia is indeed a Frizzle). :D What she’s crossed with I can’t remember but I’m sure Ribh will tell you.

I know @LozzyR answered. Feather Duster is an @Shadrach joke. Olivia is a Belgian D'Uccle Frizzle & a real personality.
So then the actual Latin is Pluma PENICULUS (I looked it up) 🤪:p:D

Back
Top Bottom