A hen (Blondi) just about complete (before and after pics):
IMG_0026[1].JPG
IMG_0158[1].JPG

And a couple of hens in full on moult now: :he
IMG_0154[1].JPG
IMG_0162[1].JPG
IMG_0157[1].JPG
IMG_0159[1].JPG

I'll be happy when they stop 'papering the coop' with their feathers. A couple of the girls look miserable in the cold today...but will they stay in the warmer coop/windbreak area??? NOOOOO.

Last edited:
Sylvie is Gone

She out free ranging and I turned my back to do something and a hawk killed her. It was over when I heard it.

I'm telling everyone this so you know. I do not want to hear that it was for the best, or that I should have done X, or anything else. If you respond in that way I will block you. I am beyond devasted and I just don't want to hear I told you so or anything that you think is constructive. Frankly right now I'm ready to give up the chickens all together.

I don't know when I'll be back to the thread. It could be tomorrow, it could be a week.
Im sorry Bob,:hugs

Sylvie is Gone

She out free ranging and I turned my back to do something and a hawk killed her. It was over when I heard it.

I'm telling everyone this so you know. I do not want to hear that it was for the best, or that I should have done X, or anything else. If you respond in that way I will block you. I am beyond devasted and I just don't want to hear I told you so or anything that you think is constructive. Frankly right now I'm ready to give up the chickens all together.

I don't know when I'll be back to the thread. It could be tomorrow, it could be a week.
Devastated too read this. I'm really so sorry Bob :hugs:hugs:hugs

Back
Top Bottom