Moulting Monday
A hen just about complete (before and after pics):
View attachment 2913073View attachment 2913074
And a couple of hens in full on moult now: :he
View attachment 2913078View attachment 2913079View attachment 2913080View attachment 2913083
I'll be happy when they stop 'papering the coop' with their feathers. A couple of the girls look miserable in the cold today...but will they stay in the warmer coop/windbreak area??? NOOOOO.
It's really worrying especially when the weather is so cold.

Emily isn’t good tonight. She couldn’t get up on her perch. She found a place closer to the ground inside the coop. She tried staying close to Jaffar, but he’s not in the mood, and pecked her (soft enough, but she got the message) :( I hope she makes it through the night.:fl
:hugs
I thought I was losing amber this morning. But I think the cold got too her, so I shut her in the run with flexi then an hour later she was fine demanding all the food again. Fingers crossed Emily will feel better tomorrow

My rock garden today is missing one. She is in the coop laying. B4BEC2E8-5135-493F-9E36-740A4C8EB236.jpeg

Naenae's mug for Monday (and mine scribbled out behind her)View attachment 2913282
:love Aww, Naenae is adorable! :love I hate to say this, but by scribbling out your face....it makes her stand out against the darker background even more..

Very nice shot of what I assume is a cocked/inquisitive head :):love (as opposed to an angled camera)

Emily made it through the night. Her problem was pasty butt. (I had to do some pickin and grinnin) :sick but now she is cleaner, and can perform her bodily functions unhindered. PS. (Nice though before breakfast isn’t it?:gig)
Glad Emily will be okay. :love Good featherless rooster you are:bow...'pecking' the offending material off her bottom!:lau

Back
Top Bottom