Look at how relaxed she is. She even has her eyes closed. (She’s a snuggle chicken too)! :love
744108B6-01CB-446C-853E-F89E3EEF84DA.jpeg

Sylvie is Gone

She out free ranging and I turned my back to do something and a hawk killed her. It was over when I heard it.

I'm telling everyone this so you know. I do not want to hear that it was for the best, or that I should have done X, or anything else. If you respond in that way I will block you. I am beyond devasted and I just don't want to hear I told you so or anything that you think is constructive. Frankly right now I'm ready to give up the chickens all together.

I don't know when I'll be back to the thread. It could be tomorrow, it could be a week.
I am so very, very, very deeply sorry, @BY Bob. That is all. Sending lots of love and healing vibes for your heart.

Emily isn’t good tonight. She couldn’t get up on her perch. She found a place closer to the ground inside the coop. She tried staying close to Jaffar, but he’s not in the mood, and pecked her (soft enough, but she got the message) :( I hope she makes it through the night.:fl
Oh no. I hope to read ahead and learn she improved.

Emily made it through the night. Her problem was pasty butt. (I had to do some pickin and grinnin) :sick but now she is cleaner, and can perform her bodily functions unhindered. PS. (Nice though before breakfast isn’t it?:gig)
Nice job figuring it out and taking care of her. I had to cut off some turds on a couple of my own girls recently (Lucky and Little Mill).

Back
Top Bottom