View attachment 2918224
(Same pic, just bigger and showing off how out of focus it is, sorry.)
Huh. So not only is May NOT a blue Australorp (what I ordered), she's got some feather shredding, and thus probably NOT pure JG either...? Just the little I've looked, JGs don't come in lavender.

Ok. So most likely Lav Orp crossed with JG, with the feather shredding gene. Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

She is a nice bird, regardless. Stormy, the other "blue Aussie" (but really a JG) may also be a cross then. She's smaller than May, and a darker blue.

Here's Stormy:

View attachment 2918227

Not going back to that breeder... that's for sure!
@CrazyChookChookLady does that look like feather shredding to you?

Good Afternoon everyone, I hope you all are having a good Saturday. I feel bad about complaining after the recent losses but I hope you all will understand a bit more then my family. The fact that Lilt Bit is a cockerel instead of the pullet I'd come to see him as is like a kick in the teeth. I should be used to this by now as it seems all I hatch out is boys, but I was soo sure I had a pullet on my hands this time. In fact since Lil Bit has a recessive single comb and really no beard and head poof he shouldn't have been able to hide his gender so long. Even now, looking hard at his physical features, tiny comb and very little wattles, they still scream pullet. But attitude wise, in the last 4 days there has been a total 180 change, he's found his voice and is letting the world know it. He's also doing the rooster dance or herding as Alex refers to it to me and others. He is not aggressive or mean so that will make it easier to find him a new home. I'm going to keep him until I can find the perfect match for him. He needs a place with a couple of his own ladies his size, not necessarily silkies. If I can find that honestly I'll probably just give him to them. I've had six months to get attached to him and I only want the best in his future home.
I truly understanding wanting to get him a good home. I'm sure you will find him one but that doesn't make giving him up any less painful. :hugs :hugs

Good Afternoon everyone, I hope you all are having a good Saturday. I feel bad about complaining after the recent losses but I hope you all will understand a bit more then my family. The fact that Lilt Bit is a cockerel instead of the pullet I'd come to see him as is like a kick in the teeth. I should be used to this by now as it seems all I hatch out is boys, but I was soo sure I had a pullet on my hands this time. In fact since Lil Bit has a recessive single comb and really no beard and head poof he shouldn't have been able to hide his gender so long. Even now, looking hard at his physical features, tiny comb and very little wattles, they still scream pullet. But attitude wise, in the last 4 days there has been a total 180 change, he's found his voice and is letting the world know it. He's also doing the rooster dance or herding as Alex refers to it to me and others. He is not aggressive or mean so that will make it easier to find him a new home. I'm going to keep him until I can find the perfect match for him. He needs a place with a couple of his own ladies his size, not necessarily silkies. If I can find that honestly I'll probably just give him to them. I've had six months to get attached to him and I only want the best in his future home.
:hugs Little bit will have a good chance of survival in a happy home with your dedication. :)

I appreciate you saying that but they are my responsibility. It's my fault. I did not keep them safe.
Bob just my penny's worth please don't be upset because I'm speaking my mind.

On the whole people treat chickens like filth without feelings. I know a farmer who raises cattle for meat.
While this cattle lives they have freedom and a really good life, they even have special treats for them plus a shelter wherr they are sheltered when it's freezing cold.
Most chickens will never have the life these cattle have what any animal should

You gave them everything and some.
More importantly too them besides food they have had their freedom, at the same time you've protected them as much as possible.

We can't stop nature as much as we would like too at times, we are not God. I think given the choice if you could ask your chickens do they want freedom or to be locked up 24/7 and too be perfectly safe I honestly think they'd say freedom and the right too choose

I let my girls out yesterday because there was a little sun, it's cold but they l chose being outside.
My neighbour looked out and got them in at 4pm because for the first time in weeks I went out and found another old friend while I was coming home, so naturally I wanted to spend a little time with her to catch up

We all have too live and our life unfortunately while we are living it can be risky but rather than being locked up I will take a risk and live my life.

:hugs:love

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom