At this point we could write a chicken noir movie. Jaffar and his ladies, the mysterious model Phyllis, and two hard boiled ( horrible egg pun) detectives on the case.
There is definitely good material here. It would be awesome! šŸ˜†

It's time for a Butter update. Thankfully it seems as quick as she's looing her feathers the new ones are coming in. She spent 3 nights and 1 whole day inside. The 4th night I went out to get her she let me know in no uncertain terms that she was done being a house chicken, she went on the hill and tried to roost in the trees. Thankfully there was enough light left that I was able to lure her off with her weakness, Raisins. She is back to being queen of her chosen roost and she is at least not shivering at night. Her new feathers are coming in so rich. I think when she's done she is going to be at least a shade darker then she was and will be so pretty. I took these pictures Sunday, look, she's getting a tail back.
View attachment 2921586View attachment 2921587View attachment 2921588View attachment 2921589
She looks ready to bear up to the cold. I'm very glad.

I'm going to admit, I drug my feet and did not list Lil Bit until this morning. I also was fully prepared for it to take awhile to get any interest. So when I listed him on my page I also shared to a couple groups. I've been flooded with messages about him throughout the day. People in my area really do want silkies, even silkie roos. There were a few promising homes lining up when my next door neighbor knocked on my door. She had her best friend on the phone and was like here, talk to her please, she's as chicken crazy as you are. So I talked to her for 10 minutes and she then added me on facebook and sent pictures of her girls and set up. This home feels right and I feel great about having a personal recommendation about the type of home he's going to. Not only are there big girls there is also his own silkie hen who is already laying so he wont be rebuffed by his advances like all my girls are doing to him. I was initially only going to charge 10 for him to try to ensure he got a good home but as I said before if the right home came along I'd give him away. Which I'm going to do.
I'm so happy that you found a home for Lil Bit that feels right to you. I think that makes saying goodbye to him a little easier, knowing that he's going to a good home ā¤ļø

Lil Bit it seems has found a home and will leave Friday. It is going to hurt to let him go but he's getting 3 of his own silkie girls that are 10 months old. 1 of them looks just like him except for the hackle markings. He better mind his manners as he's also going to a home with a 8 and 12 year old little girls.
I'm very glad. That sounds like fun for him. :gig

What a wonderful Christmas card, I'm sure when your family received it in the mail, it put a HUGE smile on their faces- because how could it not?!

I have a feeling that even if our families did think we were crazy chicken people, that we wouldn't even care one bit :lau
You speak truth. šŸ˜†

Back
Top Bottom