No. Not since she cleared her crop with my help.
Well, I should qualify that, I think all chickens do it now and then. But the video @micstrachan posted of Flash, and what Minnie was doing is not normal.
I think the odd 'yawn' probably is normal.
Yes I have seen yawning but that is not the same as micstrachan's posting. That looked very distressing.

I can’t let the chickens out today. And wow they are complaining about it! I have to go to the city today. They are safer in the coop and run, than the yard while I’m gone. :( When I return, they will still have a few hours to run the yard.
Yep my gang are in a right royal ripping mood today, Pangoo attacked me half a dozen times and bite my hand twice drawing blood, the hens were fighting each other and the poor chicks were being clobbered by everyone!

They tried to go outside but the snow is so deep and it was so cold all they could do was huddle by the door.

I took pity on them and gave them treats, a honking great load of scratch grain, that quieted them down 😊.

Meanwhile my barn network is down thus my barn cams also down, I am going through withdrawal not being able to check up on the ponies and chickies with the cameras 😆 it's going to be a loooong night!

All dressed up and nowhere to go....
IMG_20220118_131712.jpg

Baby just came up on the porch and bawked until I came outside. She has learned well and wanted treats. Since she braved the snow to get to the front porch she got her own hotdog bun. She just turned 4 months old and in the last week her comb and wattles have taken off and getting redder. This girl is really on track to lay that first egg between the 5 to 5 1/2 month old mark like so many of my hens have. Corona on the other hand, turns 5 months old today, and still has no comb or wattle development to talk about. Today is also a bittersweet day, Drumstick has been gone for 5 months. It really does not seem like he has been gone that long.
:bow Good job on the training, Baby.:bow...you taught her well!!:lau:lau

Baby just came up on the porch and bawked until I came outside. She has learned well and wanted treats. Since she braved the snow to get to the front porch she got her own hotdog bun. She just turned 4 months old and in the last week her comb and wattles have taken off and getting redder. This girl is really on track to lay that first egg between the 5 to 5 1/2 month old mark like so many of my hens have. Corona on the other hand, turns 5 months old today, and still has no comb or wattle development to talk about. Today is also a bittersweet day, Drumstick has been gone for 5 months. It really does not seem like he has been gone that long.
Drumstick was a very handsome boy. :love His son is, also.:love I hope his offsping has the good personality, too. It is always so hard when you lose a good roo! I love watching them look after their ladies. My Randy was soooo good to the ladies - always alert, tidbitting, and sweet to them, too. I am sorry for your loss...they leave a hole in your heart AND in the flock!:hugs:hugs:hugs

Back
Top Bottom