There is 2 birthdays in January in my family as well. My moms is actually Sunday. I'm actually starting to joke with her that Chiquita is not my late Christmas present, but actually her early birthday present. Admittedly the silkies have not been her favorite of my chickens, she finds them almost too weird but puts up with me on them. She and Branch also do not have the best relationship. She never messed with them when they were little, actually kept asking the whole time were they old enough yet to place, I think she finally figured out when they were 4 months old that they were not going anywhere. She's came to appreciate and enjoy Poppy, but when I first came down with covid and was too sick to move she went out to put them up and for the first time had to touch Branch. That was also during the time Branch was fascinated with my hand and well, he bit her. She's held a grudge against the "little terror" ever since and calls him evil. I did not tell her until I was getting ready to leave to pick Chiquita up that I was going after another silkie, and she thought I was loosing my mind. When she first met Chiquita it was instant love, I brought home another chicken in her favorite color, buff. She also claimed naming rights to her and now several times a day when she's not visiting her asking about "her hen". If she's going to claim her I might as well let her be her birthday present. I'll win her over with the silkies one way or another yet.
Well happy January Birthday to everyone! 🥳🎂

Back
Top Bottom