Well old reliable *the incubator* came up to temp within 10 minutes of being plugged in and has held it for over a hour so far. Tinkering with the humidity at the moment as it is running higher then I want but it is to be expected after I washed out the bottom before I plugged it in. I have the temperature set to 100 and with all the vents opened up the humidity should adjust itself and come into stable range in the next hour or so. Once everything levels out and holds steady I'm setting the eggs. Chiquita indeed laid egg #5 this morning so that is all I'm setting even though the automatic turner holds 42. I know me, and I've purposefully not properly stored none of the other eggs I've collected. Even after selling 2 dozen this morning I sill have 5 dozen eggs and could easily fill it and have some left over. Come March, every slot will be filled.
Here's hoping it all works out for the best! 🤞

Can It Possibly be True? Am I Really Seeing This?!

After everything the tribe here at FBA has been through over the past several months I have been so afraid that this integration of Betty and Phyllis would go sideways on us. So much so I almost turned her down when Betty was offered to me. Well guess what I just saw on the camera........

@Ribh @micstrachan @MaryJanet @Aussie-Chookmum @ChicoryBlue @LozzyR @Chicken poppy
That is most definitely a step in the right direction for friendship.

I’m thinking that you made a good decision with Betty. (Realistically, great hen, at a great price $ and blessings all around) Now Phyllis has a partner too.
The most important thing is that her and Phyllis get along. At least live together in peace.

I just got home from buying chicken food. I got a short cut pellet that has a bit more protein to mix it up.
I got this one initially for them but Snow was getting a very messy butt so I changed to one that had a probiotic in it but was a normal sized pellet. Her butt has been better so thought I’d try this other one again and see.
Anyway, Belle in particular picks through the normal sized pellets and picks and chooses, when I put down some short cut ones just now she gave squeaks of delight when tucking in 🥰
It has made my day!

It’s a “Take it easy” afternoon here. I’m here watching YouTube videos, and Rocks-Anne is lying next to me just as comfortable as can be!
:love
Usually, if I find a rock on my couch, I don’t like it, and remove it. But having Rocks-Anne with me is a whole different story! :D

Back
Top Bottom