I got the specifics on what my vet can and will do the other day regarding chickens. He will administer basic medications, splint fractures or sew up wounds. Anything beyond that he is not able to do.
That's better than how I spent most of my time here. It is a safety net of sorts and can get you antibiotics if they are needed. With the state of how most vets view chickens, that's pretty good.

Save the Bunny!

Aurora and Betty just called out so I would come out and find Éowyn playing with a baby bunny. It was a different sound they made which was why I went to investigate. Very interesting. No Bunny was harmed although I don't think Éowyn is thrilled with me right now.

Ditto. My vet practice is lovely & they do farm animals, including chickens, have their own chooks running round the practice, but I have spent a lot of money & still lost birds because no~one really knows with chooks.
It's funny. Once I found a vet that would care for them I thought great, now they can live long lives without me always trying to guess what is going wrong. We will now know and treat appropriately. Well so far my experience with both Lilly and Sansa tells me that they will live no longer but will simply cost me more now. I've literally stumped her with both chickens. I have however spent a lot of money while stumping her.

So there's that. 😕

How is your little man now? I hope he is ok.
A bit of a cough this morning but nothing since, :woot this licorice and the rest of the ingredients are working :wee he's having honey in his drink and honey lick last thing at night
Thanks so much for asking 🤗

Puss cat sticks close to his old bro

20220516_145817.jpg

Back
Top Bottom