Coco said “Dad says I’m beautiful!”
5EA262EA-FC4A-4FB1-A7C5-16FC42EED6E4.jpeg

This is tiny and I'm very worried about why. I know antibiotics are used for lash eggs but what on earth can I do about this
I just went through this with Blanche, she would lay a couple soft eggs over night, once in the nest box, sometime with a very thin brittle shell....

She seemed fine eating pooping etc. After a bit I noticed she was molting and has since stopped laying eggs. I put it down to her molting.

You probably wouldn’t like it. Very hot and dry/dusty, in the summer months. :hugs
I love the desert, enjoyed many a walk around Yuma, and driving the hills in the jeeps 😊

Love the Palo Verde trees esp, and those ocotillo cactus. I am sad my mum won't go back there...

Last edited:
Is this an offer that I can’t refuse? A church friend 85 years old asked me if I would be executor for her property, when she becomes incapacitated or dies. She has no family to speak of, and considers me her best friend. (Sounds familiar, remember Jeanette?) the properties are of substantial wealth, but back taxes are owed as well. I’m thinking strongly about it. (She has no animals on the property) but there’s a house and a double wide mobile home on it. Estimated at $600K and includes some mountain property near mine. It’s a big decision for me to take that situation on. I just thought I would throw it out to you BYC friends for your opinion. :idunno View attachment 3123895
(Way off topic) Tax:
Being an Executor is a previlege I would say.

Do you know who she has willed her estate to? Would you have signing authority for her care? Do you know her wishes if so (not sure what sort of health/home care you have down there).

If she were to become infirm and have to go to a home, what would happen to her holdings, here if a person goes into a long term care facility and can't afford to pay, the govt will utilize ones personal property if they have any, and their pensions are used also.

You are truly well trusted for one to request this. How do you feel about it?

IMG_20220518_171340.jpg

I think she got your memo about the 1pm deadline! :gig

After the first few days of seeing if they are really broody, I take them off the nest daily if they don't on their own when it is hot, and most days..but not every one on days like today (dry air, warm sun, but low 70s) I really worry about the lack of water consumption when it is hot. Last year I bought 2 small stainless steel cat food dished (kind with a flared base for stability) and put them in my DC nest boxes, with 2 ice cubes each on really hot days. slight bit of cooling power...but also cool water as it melted. Would toss out water (if any left) when I got home after work & repeat with the ice cubes and a bit of cool water if they seemed interested. (This in addition to taking them off daily if they don't on their own) So far, these girls have been bolting off the nest like it is a race when I open the nest box to check on them. Talk about 'fast forward"! Record breaking...gobble, gobble, slurp, slurp...poop, back on nest.

Zoom Zoom Vroom Vroom GIF by US National Archives
Yes I also take them off the nest twice a day to eat drink poop and dust bathe... Then they march on back to their lovely golf balls 💖

Back
Top Bottom