Awwwww 😊
I'm going to let her set the 21 days and see if she breaks herself at the end. If not I will take the fake eggs from her. Not much else I can do. I can't let her hatch.

Well Fluffy and Curly sat on those golf balls for 5 weeks straight in Feb Mar they both finally gave up one day.

I was happy they stayed on the nest tho, it was so cold I was happy for them to stay put in the warmth.

I dragged them off twice a day to eat, drink and poop. I don't think they lost much weight either.

Right now Curly has been sitting on her golf ball for a couple weeks. I haul her off a couple times a day, and frequently on weekends to eat, drink, dust bathe poop.... She doesn't feel like she has lost weight, and in fact I think she has maybe gained weight, her breast and keel feel fatter/ fuller...

I let Bunny and the chicks out for about 30 minutes. Right now no one is allowed within 10 feet of her and the chicks and that includes the boys. In the sunlight I thought I was seeing puffy cheeks on Twig. When I put them up I looked it over real good. Branch has passed on his beard as well. Twig also does not have the Marans single comb. It too soon to tell if Twig will have silkie feathers or hard feathers. I did not set out to have a Silkie x Marans cross, but now that I have one it will be interesting to see the result. Twig is also smaller then it's full Marans sibling. That could be because it is a boy. After watching it and looking it over good I'm confident the Marans chick is a boy. I will now be reluctant to set more Holly eggs in the future. I love her egg color, but she is just a hen that produces boys. Out of all the eggs I've set from her I've gotten 4 known girls. Bunny is the only daughter of hers I've kept. Of course the 1 egg that did not hatch was the Bunny egg. Twig is a Branch x Corona chick. Corona only has 1 other chick and that is Lilly, hopefully Corona produces more girls then boys and Twig is a pullet as well.

They are likely telling Jaffar off about something 😁
Now who could be possibly be mad at this little guy? :confused: 0E6FE606-F2D7-4896-88FB-8E20FD46CCD2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom