I knew I should have snapped a photo of the broody poop today… it was AWFUL. Thrice the size of a normal large poop, green and semi liquid, as the mama is refusing almost all feed but grass. No worms… can’t wait until the babies hatch out sometime this week
Does she like scratch grain? I spoil Curly with some and she appreciates it 💖

Thanks for asking. She is doing a bit better - more energy and clearly eating something (mainly forage not commercial feed) and drinking.
But the big news is that I did what the vet calls 'a flock fecal' (everyone contributes!) and that picked up worms and coccidia (honestly I am not convinced the coccidia load is more than would be normal but the round worms are). So I am just waiting on the worm medicine to be delivered and they are all going to get dosed. I am obviously hoping this is in fact what is wrong with Minnie and that it cures the diarrhea that both Maggie and Dotty have had for a while now. Prior fecal tests were negative but the vet consulted one of her expert contacts who said that sometimes a flock fecal is a better way of detecting worms.
So, fingers crossed for a miraculous recovery once I get to treat her - I am looking up doses on Corrid right now (I have that in hand so can start that treatment as soon as I figure out the dose).
:fl
🤞crossed here that everything goes well .

It's a lovely sunny morning

I want to cover this playhouse with a white sheet soon, to keep the heat off my girls.

20220529_094511.jpg

Last edited:
Ok my friends I am off to try to get some sleep, I haven't felt well past four days with my back and legs....

Should have stayed off some of those more crazy horses. Or rather stayed on them haha!
I am very sorry to hear that you have had trouble sleeping. I hope you got some last night. That will wear on you if you don't

I've lost two chickens to the pool. First was so fat that nothing could be done. Elphie was because I went inside to take a phone call and it was November. The water was ice cold. :(

View attachment 3128063
I'm so sorry to learn that😟. I don't know if living with the alarm permanently on would be tolerable for you and your neighbors. In my country they were made mandatory I think it was five years ago because there had been a high number of kids drowning and dying (it can happen very fast). My parents live in an area where almost every house has a pool, every one bought the alarm, but quickly turned them off because they went on all the time. Now they put them on only when they have kids around. People who actually have small kids, mostly got kid safe fences.

Back
Top Bottom