A Quick Monday Mug from Last Year

20220704_070741.jpg

I just posted another video of her honking - which might be a cough.
The little dear flew up into my arms just now - in all my worry I forgot to post that I seem to have a lap chicken!) and she opened wide right in my face but I couldn't see anything!
It is cooler now and she is chowing down on some mash so she is definitely eating.
Maybe I should bring her in to my newly functioning A/C and see if she still does that - particularly as she seems to like me, it might be a bonding experience!
The forecast for tonight and all tomorrow morning is actually quite cool so if she is doing it tomorrow morning it definitely isn't heat.
These little feathered friends are such a worry somehow!
Oh, little Bella Dracula 😟! How is she today, and was yesterday the first day you noticed this ?
Does she do it at random times or only after eating ?

If she doesn't have any other symptoms I also think tapeworms seem unlikely but the only downside with deworming her for eventually nothing, is the risk of creating resistance in the long term.

The dosage for febendazole can be found on many BYC posts https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/fenbendazole-dewormer-dosage-help.1505191/post-25224694

I Can Fly!

Glynda discovered the high roost yesterday afternoon at nap time. This led to Lady Featherington feeling the need to join her. Proving that despite being a future dual purpose lady her wings work!

Gucci would not join in. She would rest underneath them. I assume this is because of her leg bothering her. This led to a near miss as Lady Featherington nearly pooed on her head!

Since Gucci would not fly up, the others got down eventually and they cuddled in a corner for their nap.

A little update on the cat and chicks interaction, on which many of you kindly gave your advice. I've been spending quite some time checking how it went and making sure no chick became cat food.
My female cat now understands she must not even think about the chicks. She got pecked by Chipie the mamma once and told off by me several times, and that was it.
My male cat knows to avoid them when I'm around, he just goes away. But...if he doesn't know I'm there and one of the chick wanders away from the mum, he looks suddenly very interested, especially by the two smaller ones.

The chicks still have no clue they should avoid the cats and this did lead a few times to risky situation where a lone chick went to graze right under Grochatila's sleeping nose 😁.

Female cat Hibou 🦉
IMG_20220704_074320.jpg

Male cat Grochatila. Still sleeping on the manure pile though it's 32 c.
IMG_20220704_074539.jpg

Woke up
IMG_20220704_074559.jpg

Back to 😴

IMG_20220704_074844.jpg

A little update on the cat and chicks interaction, on which many of you kindly gave your advice. I've been spending quite some time checking how it went and making sure no chick became cat food.
My female cat now understands she must not even think about the chicks. She got pecked by Chipie the mamma once and told off by me several times, and that was it.
My male cat knows to avoid them when I'm around, he just goes away. But...if he doesn't know I'm there and one of the chick wanders away from the mum, he looks suddenly very interested, especially by the two smaller ones.

The chicks still have no clue they should avoid the cats and this did lead a few times to risky situation where a lone chick went to graze right under Grochatila's sleeping nose 😁.

Female cat Hibou 🦉
View attachment 3173736
Male cat Grochatila. Still sleeping on the manure pile though it's 32 c.
View attachment 3173743

Woke up
View attachment 3173744

Back to 😴

View attachment 3173745
Salut Manue 😊

Loved the update, I expect as the chicks get older they will get wiser!

My cat is afraid of the chickens, last year one of the roosters chased and pecked her, that was enough to teach her 😊

Wow 32C that's hot, it's been up and down here hot, then cold... But very little rain.

Back
Top Bottom