That’s one idea. Thank you. Maybe I will try a diy simple feeder first. I normally feed them myself, but I will be gone for three days this weekend.
Then a DIY would be best for your situation, because the local mice & birds won't have much of a chance to figure out where it is over three days, and you normally feed them yourself. A treadle feeder requires training over a few days and some consistency of use I would think.

Soon as I fill the feed bowl and walk away, Jaffar (yes Jaffar) stomps over and kicks &scratches the feed everywhere. Then the look I get from him is scary 😧!
Hang it above where his foot can generally reach, that works for chicks and adults (chickens of course - hah!). You'll want to have at least what they'll need over three days, probably a little more to account for waste, and have it out of the weather too.

I've had a really trying day and couldn't hardly spend anytime with my girls. To top it all flexis vent is down. I put olive oil into her vent and gave her some coconut oil before bed as well as a little cuddle.
I'd be heartbroken to lose my lovely girl she's such a character and the mother of them all
Oh I hope all is ok, hope you have a good night's sleep 💖

Pics of the ventilation modification of Cholo's house.View attachment 3176058opened up the door to give Cholo and Gorda more headspace entering and exiting the coop. Removed top 6 inches of the wall to allow much more air flow.View attachment 3176063Removed another 6 inches on the top of this side and added soffit vent covers to the remainder. The wind comes from this direction in the summer so they'll catch more of any breeze now. I have soffit vent covers on the other 2 sides so I'm pretty happy with this coop.
Good job! Looks good!

That should help with air flow absolutely 😊

Lovely looking Roo 😊

View attachment 3176084
Two broodies, both puzzled at why they are not in the henbox.
Awwww why are they not in their box?

I have 3 at the moment (had 4 but the silky gave up last week) trying to hatch golf balls hahaha. I drag them off twice a day to eat drink poop and sand-bath 🤗

They are so silly, if my work was more stable I would give them a couple chicks each😊 just pop a couple under them one night.... Taaadaa! Look mum my golf balls hatched 😆

Awwww why are they not in their box?

I have 3 at the moment (had 4 but the silky gave up last week) trying to hatch golf balls hahaha. I drag them off twice a day to eat drink poop and sand-bath 🤗

They are so silly, if my work was more stable I would give them a couple chicks each😊 just pop a couple under them one night.... Taaadaa! Look mum my golf balls hatched 😆
They hatched chicks less than two months ago.

Back
Top Bottom