Congrats @BY Bob !

:clap

Here’s a pic of Muffin!
1657559928336.jpeg

Thanks for the tag, Bob, and congratulations on your thread being so popular! It is so hard to keep up, but I'm still here. Lots of drama in the coop this week, here is Louie checking her "do" when she still had one. Harper has turned into a real bully, and tried to scalp her. She's currently a house chicken, while she heals.

Attachments

• Louise checking her do.JPG
    Louise checking her do.JPG
    457.5 KB · Views: 1
Do you mean Minnie from a while back? Yes, it took just over a week and I had to give antifungals as she got yeast infection/sour crop.
But yes, eventually it cleared and she seems to be fine now apart from the diarrhea which they have all had for months now.
For Minnie I did strong massages with coconut oil and gave a supplement called cellulase (it is an enzyme that breaks down cellulose) to break down the blockage. I treated the yeast infection with vaginal miconazole cream from the chemist.
I got rid of the yeast before I cleared the blockage for some reason.
I did not find out what caused it - but it happened when I treated for worms and coccidia. So I am thinking maybe it was a blockage of dead worms, or maybe a reaction she had to the medication.
It could all be coincidence too of course.
The first time it happened I eventually pulled a very long grass stem out of her rear end which is what I suspect caused the problem. But I didn't see anything like that this time around.
I do hope you are able to help Flexi.
Thank you so much 💗
I need all the advice I can get .
I almost made the fatal mistake of trying too operate thinking it may be an impacted crop however it's not hard but exactly as you described with Minnie

I have canesteen cream but only I percent

I really have never heard of cellulose, what form do you get it in? Capsule tablets or powder? I have to try to find this now I hope I'm not too late.

Wormer feed is still not here 😒 but she has done a few poos today and much more solid but it stinks

I don't post here as much as I used to as I am too busy to really keep up these days but I know Bob knows all my girls even if they haven't featured here before.

My black Japanese bantam, Chavi, on her nest in the mondo grass.
She popped her head up when she heard me calling for her.
View attachment 3181928
Olivia, my wannabe house chicken.
She's a D'Uccle frizzle & quite the friendliest chicken I've ever owned.
View attachment 3181929

And because I know Bob loves her as much as I do, My Golden Campine, Ha'penny, sitting on her hidden nest.
View attachment 3181938
Wonderful, @Ribh!

Back
Top Bottom