Tuesday 2fers:

Two-headed monsters!
twoheaded3.jpg
twoheaded2.jpg
twoheaded1.jpg

Curiosity
twoLook.jpg

Hello -

I am not an experienced chicken keeper but I do have a little girl that is autistic and therefore creative solutions for confusing behaviors are an everyday occurrence. I can’t always figure why right away but sometimes I can eliminate some possibilities which helps me drill down to the root cause.

Maybe attempt to gently clip down those gorgeous head feathers for an hour or so and see if makes any difference at all. Your observation of this may at least eliminate one possible reason for her unique behavior.

Forgive me if you have already tried this.
This is very helpful and thank you for suggesting this. I am open to any help.

Tonight will be the third time I try to clip down that gorgeous headdress of hers. They grow so fast! It is also a stressful thing for her, me, and most of all Mrs BY Bob.

Busted big girls.
DSCN8574.JPG

The evil bat is at it again and this time she has conspirators. Not only had Momma hen been hiding her eggs, suddenly I stopped getting eggs from Squirrel as well. The real shocker is if you look close enough there are a few pullet eggs from one of the hooligans as well. This is under my house, had to take down a piece of tin about a month ago to retrieve a chainsaw from under the floor. Dad decided not to fully reattach it for the time being. I would not have found them except when I was handing out treats Squirrel came tearing out from under the house for her share. Thankfully I found them before the ole bat went to sitting or Raven or Corona found them and disappeared. As soon as my power pack charges up tin is being reattached and I need to go throttle a evil hen or 3.
DSCN8575.JPG

Remember that whole phase of needing to adapt the Chicken Palace for a special needs chicken? I was fretting a lot and mainly it wasn't the issue of having a special needs chicken it was how the hell will integration go when one of them doesn't really move and the two groups never meet because the Hooligans stay in their cardboard box while everyone else is out enjoying the shrubs.
:barnie
We know that Gucci can walk now so that is a plus. A supervised intro where she needs to run to avoid a peck from Aurora may be exactly what is needed - if only to reassure you that she can save herself if she has to.
It's not going to be Aurora. It seems like that is below her now. It will be Phyllis. She has already proven she intends to rule over the new girls.

20220809_141553.jpg

Busted big girls.
View attachment 3217041
The evil bat is at it again and this time she has conspirators. Not only had Momma hen been hiding her eggs, suddenly I stopped getting eggs from Squirrel as well. The real shocker is if you look close enough there are a few pullet eggs from one of the hooligans as well. This is under my house, had to take down a piece of tin about a month ago to retrieve a chainsaw from under the floor. Dad decided not to fully reattach it for the time being. I would not have found them except when I was handing out treats Squirrel came tearing out from under the house for her share. Thankfully I found them before the ole bat went to sitting or Raven or Corona found them and disappeared. As soon as my power pack charges up tin is being reattached and I need to go throttle a evil hen or 3.
View attachment 3217044
They are very clever. Look how they gathered all of those wires into such a pretty nest!

Back
Top Bottom