I've learned it here and always wondered if I had to change over the whole keyboard. Èowyn. Or does the accent slant the other way?

My news is that I heard a short kerFLUFFle and looked over to see Peanut and Popcorn standing still, at angles, near to each other, heads kind of tipped. Popcorn's head was stretched a bit taller I think, but her face sideways a bit to Peanut, and pointing down. Peanut seemed to be looking more directly at her but I'm not sure. One second later Popcorn jumped up and at Peanut, talons out. She landed on Peanut's back even as Peanut squirmed away. They stopped, Popcorn moved off a bit and Hazel quickly ran over and stood next to Peanut. Peanut seemed a bit cowed. Poor Peanut! 😕

The tribe order as far as I can tell has been Peanut
Hazel
Butters
Popcorn

The group peacefully preening. That's Popcorn in front. She's often a bit away from everyone else.
View attachment 3219438
This way. Éowyn .

Such lovely hens! 😍

I wonder what the kerfuffle was about. 🤔

No, mine is a normal colour...just the gunking up part can happen with high humidity. Honestly, until someone else mentioned it, I just thought the off color of the feed was the photo itself, not that the feed was a funny color! I would be nervous @RoyalChick with an off color feed, especially where it is sticking together (i.e. damp), as it may have mold...pink mold is NOT good from what I have heard. Do you have some fresh feed that isn't damp nor off color? Maybe you can swap it out while waiting on tests.
Mine is also not pink it is feed colored. That is definitely unusual. With everything that is going on I would also be concerned about it.

Predictably there was a lot of fury in the Chicken Palace this morning when they realized there was no breakfast. But I refilled the two feeders I had washed with yummy grower crumble so I may have been forgiven.
No good news on Minnie. She has taken herself off to isolate in a nesting box. She is breathing very heavily and I suspect the same virus Bella had. I always suspected Minnie was the carrier. I will send a swab off of her throat, but there is nothing to be done if that is the issue apart from keeping her comfortable.
I am feeling particularly gloomy at my ability to keep anybody alive and I keep looking around to figure out 'who is next' to die.
:(
I can imagine how terrible you must be feeling. Remember, if this is indeed the same virus, she does have a chance to fight it. Not all of the chickens would catch it, and some would survive.

It's so hard feeling like there's nothing you can do to help. It doesn't mean you're responsible for all that's happening. I'm honestly in awe of all you've done for Bernadette and Bella and for Minnie before. It's just not fair sometimes.

Ok so mr Pompei pooped out this odd looking stool

Anyone ever see anything like it?? Should I be worried do you think?

The orange bit is jelly like so is the greyish chunk…
View attachment 3219900
I can't say I've seen that before. I always watch poo for consistency. If it happens consistently for a bit, then I worry.

Back
Top Bottom