Things are starting to look up a bit around here. Tonight, caught the Idiots doing their routine again, only to be disrupted by ..... Hector! I was treated to both the Idiots doing the buk buk bukaaawwwk! Up near the porch after getting chased up by Hector. Kren started that while Horus circled back for another attempt and got chased off a second time. Hector can actually move pretty fast and does a decent job of keeping on Horus' tail. Now if Cheetah and Hector can work together (rather than Hector getting the blame), they can nail both of the Idiots, taking their Education to new heights. The Idiots working together is a good thing (once they've got spurs) for defending the tribe, but at the moment, Homones Rule!

I made a big mistake a few minutes ago. BIG mistake. I went out on the patio barefoot, (and wouldn’t you know), Jaffar likes to peck toes. He really got me good!
I’m okay with that, but I really need to be more aware of my surroundings and which birds are close by. He certainly got my attention this time! :eek:

This is just the icing on the cake for a very crappy and stressful few days. I received a phone call about 9 friday night. My biological father who while I do not have the closest relationship with I try to see at least once a month and talk to at least once a week was hospitalized Wednesday with suspected pneumonia. He took a turn for the worse, unresponsive and was transferred out to a different hospital and they were calling the family in. They think he's had a stroke but is not stable enough for a MRI to confirm even though 2 ct scans say otherwise. I had to confirm this afternoon that he does not want life support and officially sign the DNR over the phone. He is not expected to make it through the night, but due to strict covid and ICU policies I am not allowed there until 8 am in the morning.

I will probably be absent for a few days. I can confirm my Ezzie is gone and how I missed her I do not know but when I found Ezzie I also found Crickets body. My father passed away a little after noon today. A word of warning to everyone, if you have not already please have your final wishes in writing so your next of kin is not left making impossible decisions and fighting with other family members in the process. Daddy for years told me verbally what he wanted, in situations like his. He never put it in writing and his brothers and sisters fought me and my brother tooth and nail last night. I now have to track down a copy of his burial insurance policy so I can begin funeral preparations, yet no one has a clue where it is.
Oh my goodness, Rebecca. How difficult for you. I am at a loss for words, but would like to offer a virtual hug.

Back
Top Bottom