Alright! This is crazy. Due to the fires and lack of habitat, bears have been breaking into homes and garages, looking for food. The mountains are beautiful but the fires have done much damage to the ecosystem here. For more information look up Camp Nelson California bear trouble:
Is your place safe ? Are your chooks safe?

Bears that are habituated to humans are bad news 😟

The cats are indoor and the chooks outdoor, but they sometimes ignore each other through the cat’s outdoor space. :D
Haha that’s a good thing. My gals stay up at the barn and the cat stays away from there, she is a pampered princess who has us well trained as her personal doorman.

It’s Saturday thankfully no workplace drama today. Just chicken drama 😊. Plan today is get feed, get groceries, take the gazebo cover down, mow the grass (hopefully for the last time this season) on top of the regular chores.

Miss Georgette Bootsie is checking out the squirrels in the trees outside the window

2DEBF497-5EC5-4904-8F92-8CC62318AE43.jpeg

B554A2EE-6DB8-4227-B979-5D5E9A90A0E5.jpeg

Well I better get cracking and clean stalls!

Is your place safe ? Are your chooks safe?

Bears that are habituated to humans are bad news 😟
At least we don’t have any Drop Bears like Australia does! Imagine a two thousand pound bear falling from a tall redwood tree! …… my birds are safe. I’m spending much more time with Jaffar lately. His chronic breathing problems are keeping us both up a night. Jaffar is all I have and yes, he sleeps inside the house lately. Sometimes even with me. I have to watch over him, he’s my best friend

At least we don’t have any Drop Bears like Australia does! Imagine a two thousand pound bear falling from a tall redwood tree! …… my birds are safe. I’m spending much more time with Jaffar lately. His chronic breathing problems are keeping us both up a night. Jaffar is all I have and yes, he sleeps inside the house lately. Sometimes even with me. I have to watch over him, he’s my best friend
Hopefully the almond harvest is done with. Once the hot weather goes away hopefully he will be better.

No drop bears here either thankfully 😊 just raccoons and possums - never had one fall out of a tree before - that I know of! Ha!

Back
Top Bottom