Last edited:
The weather has been superb after Hurricane Ian. I went for a neighborhood walk this morning.
I met a lovely Irish neighbor who was walking his two horses and 3 dogs. We walked together for a long time.

I saw his home being built from the ground. At first I thought it was a church. But I learned today that it is his personal home that resembles his childhood chapel back in Ireland. It is only one story building so very very tall ceilings with great acoustic.

All his dogs and horses are rescues.

So this is my Pony Sunday. I did not have my camera with me on my walk, but here is a picture of the home (was featured on local magazine).

View attachment 3278381
Lovely, yes very reminiscent of an irish church.

The weather here was cloudy but warm so the kids and I spent almost 2 hours in the run with the tweens. I got a bunch of cool pictures :) The French Black Cooper Marans:
Brownie pretty sure she is a she at this point but man she kept me guessing:
View attachment 3278389
View attachment 3278390
View attachment 3278393
Oreo shows off and takes a bow:
View attachment 3278395
View attachment 3278394
View attachment 3278396
Together
View attachment 3278397
Beauties , and they do chicken yoga too!

The weather here was cloudy but warm so the kids and I spent almost 2 hours in the run with the tweens. I got a bunch of cool pictures :) The French Black Cooper Marans:
Brownie pretty sure she is a she at this point but man she kept me guessing:
View attachment 3278389
View attachment 3278390
View attachment 3278393
Oreo shows off and takes a bow:
View attachment 3278395
View attachment 3278394
View attachment 3278396
Together
View attachment 3278397
They are old enough now I'm confident you have a pullet in Brownie. It looks like you have a nice pair of marans. From the looks of it, Brownie is going to have a full and complete Hackle marking, go you. That is been a problem with my girls. Corona currently has the best hackle markings of my hens, but her daughter Lilly I think is going to have even better.

It has officially begun. For 4 months I left Twiggy alone to grow up and be a chicken. Now that he is officially my keeper it is time he gets used to really being handled other then a quick chest rub at night. I went out earlier and caught him, which took a few minutes. He protested at first but quickly settled down. I brought him in, and did what I do with his daddy daily. I sat at the table, had a fresh cup of coffee and just held him quietly talking to him. Within a few minutes he was completely relaxed and fell asleep. Grandma and mom came over and petted him in my arms and he was ok with it. This will be our new daily routine I think for a bit. Seeing how quickly he did settle down I don't think it will take too long before he enjoys being handled. On the bright side, mom loves him, already telling him his is prettier then his daddy and a better boy. He is no longer the "Demon Spawn" to her.

They are old enough now I'm confident you have a pullet in Brownie. It looks like you have a nice pair of marans. From the looks of it, Brownie is going to have a full and complete Hackle marking, go you. That is been a problem with my girls. Corona currently has the best hackle markings of my hens, but her daughter Lilly I think is going to have even better.
Whew! I am glad to have confirmation because my hope is to replenish my flock with those two down the road. If it works out I can always send you fertile eggs, I am not an enabler at all hahaa

Back
Top Bottom