I needed a laugh this morning and Pecan delivered. How did you guys not warn me how funny fledging crowing is?? I am sharing the first known attempt with you guys to spread the hilarity. I think I could use someone with an experienced rooster to post a video of a real cock a doodle do so I can play it for Pecan he needs a few lessons :lau

It won't help. Even with experienced roos around they start that way...

It won't help. Even with experienced roos around they start that way...
Shra tax
20221002_135307.jpg

I CANT WAIT FOR MY 2 TO START

I cant wait for my 2 to try and crow, gonna be hilarious when hubby hears it for the first time and is confused about the noise in the bedroom. 🤣🐓
Hopefully you do not have to wait long, but each boy is different. I've saw people have boys crow as early as 2 weeks. Personally for me Drumstick was my earliest crower at around 7 weeks. Branch was almost 5 months old before he let out his first crow. His sneaky brother was exactly 6 months old. Ezzie was over 5 months. I find if there are already multiple roosters in the flock they tend to wait a while before sounding off. I'm watching Twiggy, so far he is showing no inclination of crowing. What he is doing is shadowing both Bubba and Branch learning the ropes of being a good boy and has started tidbitting to the girls. He's also attempting to create nests for them and call them over. That first crow will not be in the too distant future.

Congratulations to all the Badge Owners on the Thread

Friend

@bgmathteach
@ManueB
@Noah P
@Ponypoor

I sure hope I didn't miss anyone. Well earned all! You are true "Friends".

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Thanks
Not sure what that entails but appreciated 💖
Well, in honour of Sacheen Little Feather who passed today and had refused Marlon Brando's Oscar for him in defense of native people's cause, I should refuse the medal, to fight for all the chickens withheld from free-ranging 😉 just kidding. ( Yes, my humor is even worse than @featherhead007 )

Thank you @BY Bob, if someone deserves being called a true friend whatever that means on the web, it's you.

Back
Top Bottom