Hi everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving. I'm coming back to life slowly, I ended up with type b flu thanks to my wonderful brother. While I was off to myself dying so to speak my dad was in charge of collecting eggs and storing them. I told him after Brenda came and got her eggs Monday morning we were not selling anymore this week. Yeah, that went in one ear and out the other. I had held 1 dozen back for mom, and by Wednesday afternoon she had another dozen to use for baking. What does dad do, he sells both dozen to his brother and takes them to him. Dad is proud of himself, mom is ticked that she is forced to go buy eggs for baking and several stores are sold out. When she found them she had to pay $5 a dozen. She did end up making a few pumpkin rolls, but the New York style cheesecakes were not made. We have all the stuff for them, and now fresh eggs so maybe me and mom will make one or two this week just for the heck of it.
Why can't people listen. Why! :he

Well I got brave enough today to let the girls out of the coop for about an hour before “bedtime”. This is the second time I have ever let them out in the pen. They definitely enjoy it but I get so nervous with all the predators in our area. I need to try to do it more often but it is hard when I need to supervise. Trying to find a way to get them a run that is at least safe from aerial predators to put them in on occasion.

Here are a few pics of them enjoying themselves (including checking out my hubby’s can of cherry lime cider lol).

34C5FF52-C319-44FC-8A1B-7D57B5CFC0AC.jpeg

DA33665C-6521-44C4-AAB7-AF1AFD85A9C3.jpeg

E15C98D8-58C0-45BB-9DA4-98ECD9524CDA.jpeg

DC748386-CD01-411C-8A41-C38F971AC6EA.jpeg

Sorry, guys I’ve been missing. I’m nursing a sick hen. It’s not looking great for Lucky. I’m really having trouble getting her crop moving. I’m doing everything I can to help her, so let’s see if I can get her a little more time with us on earth.
I am very sorry to hear that. :hugs :hugs :hugs

I know you will keep her best interests in mind and walk that fine line between doing too much and enough just right. I know how hard it is. :hugs:hugs

Interesting! I’m not sure what that means. Minnie Minnie was doing that today, too.
A few days ago Peanut was hanging out here and tossing oak leaves and shreds on her back. What's up with that?
Aurora does this all the time too. While walking under the magnolia tree. That's nowhere near a nest box.

Thanks, Bob. She has spurts of acting normal, which is all I can hope for at this point. In addition to ascites, she has a VERY slow, if not totally stagnant crop. If I can’t help her get it moving, the end will come sooner than later. Today she had an epsom salt flush. I think tomorrow I’m going coconut oil and massage. I think she may have an impacted gizzard.
Things just pile up as the body shuts down. Be careful you don't just extend a life with no quality as you try to fix problem after problem. You know best as you are with her. I know you will do what is best for her. :hugs :hugs

Things just pile up as the body shuts down. Be careful you don't just extend a life with no quality as you try to fix problem after problem. You know best as you are with her. I know you will do what is best for her. :hugs :hugs
Don’t worry, Bob. I won’t. But if she has a clog I can help clear, it’s worth a shot. I know she is dying. I just don’t know if if’s right now, in a few weeks, or a few months. I would like to be here when she goes and I’ll be out of town Wed. after work until Friday night. If I can’t get her GI tract moving up top, she might die while I’m out of town. At least she has her friends. She’s third in command, so I don’t think anyone will be mean to her.

Back
Top Bottom