So, my 'littles' (27 of them) are now 3.5 months old. Lately a few of them have taken to roosting in the yew bush by the house instead of going into their coop (usually 5 or 6 of them).

Well, tonight there were only 3 in the Yew, and one on top of their coop - Great! Right?

Nope. I was putting them away, and the coop seemed a bit light on chickens. Couldn't get a good count, but definitely not enough in there.🤔🤔🤔🤔 No idea where they went!

Well, the 'lady' that roosted on th coop attempted to dart back out of the coop after setting her in....I quick grabbed her and she shrieked! (Yes, I was intending to kill you...slow torture first, though!🙄) Well, that shriek made a nearby tree start cackling.....

And this is what I found:
IMG_2238[1].JPG

IMG_2241[1].JPG
IMG_2242[1].JPG

This was thee culprit that alerted me to where they were:
IMG_2243[1].JPG

and she was like "what you doin' We like it here!
IMG_2244[1].JPG

Anyone want to guess how many were in the tree?

Where is the moisture coming from? Where do you see the mold?
Is the moisture coming from their breath? Are they all closed in at night and could use some non-drafty ventilation?
My guess is all of the rain she is having. Let's see if I'm right

Mugs Monday

View attachment 3335137View attachment 3335138View attachment 3335139View attachment 3335140View attachment 3335142View attachment 3335143

Evaluating all of the combs you see, who do you think is laying eggs?

I am getting beige eggs from someone. I thought it was Sydney but Hattie is pretty red too. I don't think Lady F is there yet but what do you think? I have not caught anyone on the nest yet. The eggs from over Thanksgiving weekend.

View attachment 3335144View attachment 3335145
Wow, the first picture is calendar worthy! I also love Sydney's stance!

?So now you have a white ceramic egg? There was a white one on the nest, making me concur with CB because I thought Phyllis laid white eggs.

So, how many of the eggs in the two nests are real, and how many are fake?
I have fakes of all colors

20221128_084721.jpg
20221128_084737.jpg

So, my 'littles' (27 of them) are now 3.5 months old. Lately a few of them have taken to roosting in the yew bush by the house instead of going into their coop (usually 5 or 6 of them).

Well, tonight there were only 3 in the Yew, and one on top of their coop - Great! Right?

Nope. I was putting them away, and the coop seemed a bit light on chickens. Couldn't get a good count, but definitely not enough in there.🤔🤔🤔🤔 No idea where they went!

Well, the 'lady' that roosted on th coop attempted to dart back out of the coop after setting her in....I quick grabbed her and she shrieked! (Yes, I was intending to kill you...slow torture first, though!🙄) Well, that shriek made a nearby tree start cackling.....

View attachment 3335472

View attachment 3335482View attachment 3335489

View attachment 3335490

and she was like "what you doin' We like it here!View attachment 3335491

View attachment 3335472

View attachment 3335490

HAHAHAHA :lau

That's awesome! Mine have had no interest getting into trees... thankfully as I have a lot of trees.

I would say at least 5 - likely 6....

View attachment 3335472

View attachment 3335490

HAHAHA - ok - I saw that shaded dot and clicked on it!

10!! Oh thought it was 8 but 10! holy dinah! How did you get them down?

Back
Top Bottom