The queen is back at it making sure I know my place after her embarrassment. I went out to give them their lunch. She was actually front and center demanding it as you can see here.
View attachment 3335226View attachment 3335227View attachment 3335228View attachment 3335229
I fill up a coffee can of feed and corn and go scatter it. I'm swarmed, but one hen is suspiciously missing. Where the heck is Butter? I backtrack and sure enough, found her.
View attachment 3335230View attachment 3335231
Really your highness, is that necessary. You would think she would at least acknowledge my presence. Spoiled rotten hen.
I love her!!!

So, my 'littles' (27 of them) are now 3.5 months old. Lately a few of them have taken to roosting in the yew bush by the house instead of going into their coop (usually 5 or 6 of them).

Well, tonight there were only 3 in the Yew, and one on top of their coop - Great! Right?

Nope. I was putting them away, and the coop seemed a bit light on chickens. Couldn't get a good count, but definitely not enough in there.🤔🤔🤔🤔 No idea where they went!

Well, the 'lady' that roosted on th coop attempted to dart back out of the coop after setting her in....I quick grabbed her and she shrieked! (Yes, I was intending to kill you...slow torture first, though!🙄) Well, that shriek made a nearby tree start cackling.....

And this is what I found:
View attachment 3335472

View attachment 3335482View attachment 3335489

This was thee culprit that alerted me to where they were:
View attachment 3335490

and she was like "what you doin' We like it here!View attachment 3335491

Anyone want to guess how many were in the tree?

I see at least eight. This is super awesome. I think @Shadrach would appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom