When I took mine out the other day, they ignored the flock of black birds and geese that flew overhead. But a few of them definitely looked up when a plane went by.

Thanks. ☺️

Cedar = bad for chickens. Needs to be pine shavings.
Sorry I meant pine shavings not the bad stuff. :he

I love wattles and combs and Zues' is coming along great!

IMG_1439.JPG
IMG_1449.JPG

I let each chicken determine the relationship they wish to have with me. Some will not let me touch them in any way, Aurora, Sydney, and Betty. Some will let me touch them, Hattie, Phyllis. Some will get up onto me, Glynda, lady F.

It is all up to them.
I’m just used to having a yard full of huggable hens. Dakota is just so much different. (I thought it was my fault) :idunno

My electric blanket is awful, it takes ages to get warm and I don't like the horrible material, so I put it into a duvet cover but I still hate it. So I'm going to make my hot water bottle and I'm going to bed after I've let the dog out.
Sorry you are so uncomfortable in your sleep. 🙁

I let each chicken determine the relationship they wish to have with me. Some will not let me touch them in any way, Aurora, Sydney, and Betty. Some will let me touch them, Hattie, Phyllis. Some will get up onto me, Glynda, lady F.

It is all up to them.
That's what I do. They are calming down a lot since they are older. Dottie and Freya will jump on me and I can touch them. Today Summer came up to me like she was going to jump on me and let me pet her. I'm going outside for the umpteenth time since I spent 2 days with migraines and headaches I didn't have any chicken time.

That I ne with the droplet is great!
I agree. Sneaky nest somewhere and a whole brood emerges in the spring. 😆
ya and my luck they would all be Roos! Hahaha!
I'm telling you. You will not have a say in this. Nature will take its course. Mark my words.

I am Mother Nature! And I say nope!

But they sure would be cute little flufffy balls with spiky hair dos 😁

I will answer for myself as everyone has a different set up. I like my bedroom to be around 62-63F (16-17C). I have central heating and the thermostat is in the bedroom so I can control that reasonably well. My recent experience with the hot water bottle is not in NJ and that was down to about 40F (4.5C) and I was definitely cold without the bottle. I would still prefer cold to hot in the bedroom.
In terms of clothing - yes, I have a whole set of winter clothes including thermal underwear. Mainly though I do layers because if you go out in the cold and do chicken chores, pretty soon you are too hot! Key for me is a really warm scarf and a hat.
A friend of mine from Canada 🇨🇦 had given me a heating pad for my back trouble, when I was in DC. (Ps. I love Canadians) !!!! I should go see him again someday.

Back
Top Bottom