I've had chickens swim. Not on purpose of course.

View attachment 3337932
When my chickens are hot, we usually wash them. To my surprise, Tony enjoys going for a splash. Normally, she would freak out over the littlest things but I am very shocked as to how my chicken, who is the only one more frightened than the others, likes to swim.

Thirsty Thursday wasn't a success here, but I managed to get some photos from the previous days.
Temperatures are slowly dropping back to normal seasonals ( meaning under 30f /0c) and I'm also getting a hot water bottle in bed ! Our bedroom isn't heated, and I've noticed I sleep so much better when it gets cold.

I was wondering for those of you that live in real cold climates : do you have special clothes to deal with it, or do you just stay inside most of the time ? Also, are houses very well isolated or do you spend crazy amounts heating ? Sorry, these are very naïve questions I realize 🤗. It made me laugh so much when I lived in the US as a teen and I was asked a few times if we had television 🤣.

Merle is now laying normally 💚. I'm very relieved!

Let's have a drink
View attachment 3338347
Léa and Merle
View attachment 3338351
Théo and Cannelle
View attachment 3338358
Merle and Piou-piou's eggs
View attachment 3338365
Insulate the house if possible (heating bills get x4 (or even more) vs summer (no air conditioning) costs, wood burning stove is nice. Insulate your body outside. Snow boots, down coats, felted wool coats, sheepskin coats, dressing in layers, same with trousers. Going from warm car to warm inside (if you don't have to/choose to be outside all day). Keep a travel kit in the car (plan it like car is stuck/engine won't work), including food, water, blankets, shovel, sand (or other traction assistance), matches, flashlight, etc.

Cold weather, nope.
20221107_070828.jpg
Getting more white stuff now.

Well, he’s inside with me now, getting dry and keeping warm. Poor little guy
I almost panicked. I was setting up the video player for Jaffar to watch his video again, but couldn’t get it to play. I tried many different times. But it was the movie that couldn’t work 🙁 Now I have to go find another copy of “Cry Macho” because Jaffar is not amused at my failure! I have him watching YouTube chicken videos instead. I’m so embarrassed 😞

Still warmer than here!

How are you feeling today?

Here - this is what it’s like here… notice I have my truck plugged in. We have a block heater in the engine of our trucks to keep it warm and help the gas and oil flow through it when you first start it up. Otherwise they won’t start in these cold temperatures.

It might nice and sunny but it’s still darn chilly at -24C (it’s 12:50pm)!
View attachment 3338375
30 years ago, had a visitor comment on all the modern amenities....all the electric cars.....looking around town....

Back
Top Bottom