Bet you are going through some terrible chick withdrawal symptoms lately!
Chick, horse, cat, family :love

But in a couple weeks I will be home for Christmas - and I really do enjoy working out here, and the money is really good - have to pay for that new chicken run somehow!

The guys send me photos of the wildlife around here they see, the boss say those 3 bison again today and sent me photo - its very dark though so hard to see otherwise I would have posted it.

I am waiting to see some Prairie Chickens (Ptarmigans - they are such funny birds!), surprised I haven't seen any really!

Chick, horse, cat, family :love

But in a couple weeks I will be home for Christmas - and I really do enjoy working out here, and the money is really good - have to pay for that new chicken run somehow!

The guys send me photos of the wildlife around here they see, the boss say those 3 bison again today and sent me photo - its very dark though so hard to see otherwise I would have posted it.

I am waiting to see some Prairie Chickens (Ptarmigans - they are such funny birds!), surprised I haven't seen any really!
No RCMP on moose up there? 🇨🇦

Hello everyone. I wasn't able to go anywhere today (I did go somewhere yesterday though), which was worth it because it was 46 F and now it is 41 F. Today, my dad got a purifier, perfect for my coughs and congestions (Vicks is a really great decongestant and is really good if you have a cough). However, I am angry. They said that there was bird flu going on and the reason I'm angry is because they talk about this bird flu every year during the cold and flu season. So, until my illness goes away and this bird flu, I will not be bringing Grandma inside the house. Here is my last photo of Grandma and I'm sorry if it's blurry and a little dark. I had no idea it was but that is the camera quality on a laptop. She was eating oatmeal and earlier, corn (which was cooked).
It will be ok for you to bring Grandma inside - in fact it is safer for her to be inside rather then around wild birds outside! You won't catch anything from her, and she won't catch anything from you.

The reason that they talk about so much 'flu' with birds and people is that like birds we all tend to get together more at this time of year inside. And that is where we can catch something. With us humans we tend to stay inside more when it's cold and of course kids are back to school (kids are germ factories!) so that makes it a great way to catch all sorts of colds and flu.

And then there are the birds, they are all migrating in huge flocks - again they are all congregating together. And that is also a great way for birds to catch all sorts of colds and flu.

So this is also why it's safer for us to keep our chickens inside and away from wild birds at this time of the year (and again in the Spring when birds once again migrate).

For you one of the best ways to feel better is take a couple tylenol, a couple times a day, and a nice hot cup of lemon or mint tea with honey ❤️. Also you need rest! no going out (and also you shouldn't go out when you're sick and give it to others :) ). I am sending you hugs to help you feel better, and here is Mr P snoozing all by his lonesome hahaha. My chickies are all over the place snoozing these days! And yes use your Vicks! Awesome stuff :)

CHICKIES 2.JPG

Last edited:
No RCMP on moose up there? 🇨🇦
... or horses. Just honking great big SUVs.... did I ever tell you the time I got hauled over in Winnipeg? hahaha NO I wasn't speeding it said 100km/hr and I was down to 100km/hr no matter what he said!

Anyways he gave me a warning and told me once I got to the ontario border he didn't care how fast I went :eek:

He is beautiful, but I don't think he is a golden comet??? Those tend to be buff or light reddish color with tips of feathers white....not all white.

Golden Comets are a cross between a RIR & a White Leghorn.
View attachment 3339263

Golden Comet Chicken
They're one of the sex-link breeds. Chicks hatch out different colors depending upon the gender. They don't breed true for color linking so second generation pops either color on either gender.

Back
Top Bottom