Not permitted to read a spoiler - really?!

But as @BY Bob has requested I have not read the spoiler.... it will about kill me with curiosity but I guess I can contain myself! barely....

I am baking bread in the dreaded gas oven... :eek:
I think it's doing ok, I had to raise the bottom rack up though as I thought it might be burning, the flame is on the bottom of the oven. It's like cooking in the old wood fire range! Oh I remember that old stove well at our friends cottage - I loved using the handle to move the round 'plates' from the top of the range to throw wood in! And the oven - you had to watch what you were baking like a hawk hahaha

View attachment 3338531

And my penance for going off the chicken rails
This is what Rebecca is hoping - that my gals go hide away in the hay and return a month later with chickies
View attachment 3338533
Your bread looks so good. Would you share your recipe?

Introducing our new girls

We’ve just been to the zoo and purchased three (hopefully) pullets (not sure how old; ‘a couple of months’ is the best I could get). They are:

Angel (named and chosen by my son)
D3801FD4-54DF-42D4-AE0E-BE171A1C1F38.jpeg

Bella (left) and Gizelle (right)
4FAB0BAB-3F58-4834-8C11-6DC5B43DEFF7.jpeg

They’re a barnyard mix, which is what I wanted. I think Bella is the one making baby-peeps, she could be about 16-18 weeks old. She’s tiny and has some Frizzle in her.

Introducing our new girls

We’ve just been to the zoo and purchased three (hopefully) pullets (not sure how old; ‘a couple of months’ is the best I could get). They are:

Angel (named and chosen by my son)
D3801FD4-54DF-42D4-AE0E-BE171A1C1F38.jpeg

Bella (left) and Gizelle (right)
4FAB0BAB-3F58-4834-8C11-6DC5B43DEFF7.jpeg

They’re a barnyard mix, which is what I wanted. I think Bella is the one making baby-peeps, she could be about 16-18 weeks old. She’s tiny and has some Frizzle in her.
They are adorable.

Caturday Saturday

I guess most of you know that I work in remote locations - usually. But on one project I spent a 'delightful' 6 months in Brandon MB, it's always windy there (migraine climate!).

Well one day I was chatting with our head Welding Inspector, we were discussing our pets, he had 2 wee Yorkies, I had the horses at that time. No chickens. And no cat - though I was telling him I missed having a cat they were so much fun.

Next thing I am working away and a wee kitten gets deposited on my desk...

'What's that?'

'A cat' duh hahaha

'Where did it come from?'

'We heard you missed having a cat - so here enjoy - its a cat'

Well it seems that when our one inspector came into the Yard, and turned off his truck he could hear this meowing - a bunch of them looked under the hood of the truck and there was this wee kitten up behind the passenger side headlight!

They called her Miss Georgette Bootsie. I call her Missy :)

Here she is a kitten - we are getting ready to come home to Ontario... Are we all packed Human?
View attachment 3340023
What a wonderful story. 🥰

While snuggling with Branch this afternoon I realized I'm going to have to do something about one of his spurs soon. One of them is growing backwards and curving towards his leg. I've never had to trim spurs before, but I'm hoping with just a little bit of help me and mom can take care of it with our dremel. If he cooperates, the plan is for me to hold him and mom take just a little bit off. We will probably have to repeat the process weekly for awhile. I do not want to do it myself incase he freaks out so I do not hurt him. Mom is the reluctant party. She thinks he is going to freak out and I'm going to let him go to attack her.
I noticed Mr P has a pretty good set of spurs growing - I want to do what Alex did - but little gold spur covers on his hahaha - is there really such a thing @featherhead007 ?

Back
Top Bottom