Thanks for typing all that up!!! Maybe shortening is the key ingredient that I have missed?

I totally understand on not measure things.

(Boy you eat a lot of bread)

Edit to add tax:

Foggy from Oct 2021
View attachment 3340398
I gave a loaf to the maintenance guy for lighting the oven pilot light and not laughing too much at me over the gas stove worry, and half a loaf to the boss, I have two loaves in the freezer! I always make enough to last a few weeks.

It’s a winter wonderland there 😊
Yes it is ❣️

I went for a lovely snowshoe today, my first of the winter.

Tax: Annie has been dropping a lot of feathers, but obviously is not done yet!

IMG_20221203_141709434_HDR.jpg

I will watch tomorrow night. Do you mean like a lynx? We do have them and I have seen them on our property before but our run is fenced and netted, so it'll have to be something smaller. The fencing has 2x4 grids, so it certainly couldn't keep everything out.

When I was driving my neighbour to our curling match the other day, we saw an ermine and she told me that they have an ermine family living on their property across the street from us and that there's another family that she has seen on our rural road! I know that they could do some major damage to a flock of chickens.
Agreed they can cause untold damage, all those weasel family critters (wolverines incl) are smart and resourceful, and Amal ermine can fit through small openings.

Hopefully it’s just their imagination playing with them!

O
Yes it is ❣️

I went for a lovely snowshoe today, my first of the winter.

Tax: Annie has been dropping a lot of feathers, but obviously is not done yet!

View attachment 3340446
Oh dear she sure is moulting! I think my gals are done I don’t see any more feathers on the barn cam…

Who is that in the back - she has lovely feathers!

Dear Aurora,

I really think I should be top hen. I mean, I’m the biggest and I’m the only one here with feathered feet! But that Bridge is just not having it. I swear sometimes she scares me with her dirty looks so much I shudder! Even though I’m bigger, I cannot challenge her. All the other hens look up to her. Why can’t they see my potential? Is there anything I can do to take her seat? Here’s a picture of me on the top roost in the upper level of the coop. Of course Bridge kicked me off. Please help.

Frustrated,
Buttercup

47A6C583-BA35-4A1A-AD26-76521535EC5E.jpeg

P.S. Aren’t I fabulous?
5CF99B40-84FC-45EA-9004-F2F617982644.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom