Might you have rats? 🤷‍♀️That might be bothering them if you got a rat living there. (and there is NEVER just one.)
SHRA:
IMG_2084[1].JPG

Mum was trying to take a picture of sissy (the kitty), but she ran when I came over to play with my sister. 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️ I can't imagine why my sister doesn't want to play with me///I always ask...but noooo.....
IMG_2092[1].JPG

I know, this is a repeat, but I just like this one

IMG_2113[1].JPG

Two more jailbirds escaping over the fence!

Agreed they can cause untold damage, all those weasel family critters (wolverines incl) are smart and resourceful, and Amal ermine can fit through small openings.

Hopefully it’s just their imagination playing with them!
They may hear the ermines trying to get in at night (even if they can't/don't - the chickens hear them/know they are there), and it may be making them nervous. If I remember correctly, they are most active at night. When I had the raccoons coming around regularly, the girls were always upset, and laying dropped off, too...even though they didn't get into the coop. They are prey animals and are acutely aware when predators are frequenting their area. ? might it be that? Are there weasel/ermine tracks in the snow around the coop? I would check for mites, too. When I had my first ever case this year, the clue that something was wrong was that most of the chickens in that coop didn't want to 'go to bed' at night...once I discovered what it was and got rid of them, they started willingly going into the coop at night again and roosting. (yes, @BY Bob that is a coop where nearly everyone roosts INSIDE:rolleyes:) I assume that we got them from wild birds, as we had a ton of sparrows around this year...and I didn't have issues with my other coops. - though I treated them when I treated the other coop to be safe.

Bella looks quite red in the comb and wattles...she could be all of the 18 weeks......?maybe plus some?

I hope these three live a long and happy/healthy life with you! 💞 :hugs 💞
Bella and Gizelle both still have baby peeps, Angel has her big-girl voice. I’m guessing she’s slightly older, but she and Gizelle are the same size. Bella is tiny by comparison.

Playing Santa? 🤔
The real Santa is so busy managing the elves and making sure everything is ready for Christmas that he has helpers who go places and listen to the wishes of little girls, boys, and critters. They report back to 🎅.

The real Santa is so busy managing the elves and making sure everything is ready for Christmas that he has helpers who go places and listen to the wishes of little girls, boys, and critters. They report back to 🎅.
Fake Santas. Filling in for the original as to be omnipotent does make sense. 🎅 !

Last edited:
Introducing our new girls

We’ve just been to the zoo and purchased three (hopefully) pullets (not sure how old; ‘a couple of months’ is the best I could get). They are:

Angel (named and chosen by my son)
D3801FD4-54DF-42D4-AE0E-BE171A1C1F38.jpeg

Bella (left) and Gizelle (right)
4FAB0BAB-3F58-4834-8C11-6DC5B43DEFF7.jpeg

They’re a barnyard mix, which is what I wanted. I think Bella is the one making baby-peeps, she could be about 16-18 weeks old. She’s tiny and has some Frizzle in her.
Beautiful! Love the color contrast with Angel's crest. Looking forward to more pics outside the carrier.

Back
Top Bottom