Pony Sunday

BFTP - everyone chillaxing while I am watching the jets and other assort airplane fly over for the local airshow :) Mount Poopmore is a great place to watch things!

20220619_(5).JPG

Yes it is ❣️

I went for a lovely snowshoe today, my first of the winter.

Tax: Annie has been dropping a lot of feathers, but obviously is not done yet!

View attachment 3340446
Poor Annie. Not a good time to be molting. Chickens do so many things right but I can't understand why they molt when it is so cold. I originally thought it was just based on when the were hatched and a simple number of months until feathers wore out and were replaced but Hattie switched her molt by months this year. I really wish they had better natural sense on their molts.

Dear Aurora,

I really think I should be top hen. I mean, I’m the biggest and I’m the only one here with feathered feet! But that Bridge is just not having it. I swear sometimes she scares me with her dirty looks so much I shudder! Even though I’m bigger, I cannot challenge her. All the other hens look up to her. Why can’t they see my potential? Is there anything I can do to take her seat? Here’s a picture of me on the top roost in the upper level of the coop. Of course Bridge kicked me off. Please help.

Frustrated,
Buttercup

View attachment 3340452

P.S. Aren’t I fabulous?
View attachment 3340457
You truly are fabulous. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom