Twofer Snicker and Oreo he is just a wee bit larger then her šŸ˜‚
6B4877CA-8E4D-43A5-8760-4548FD0D85AE.jpeg

Nest boxes installed!! Two are about a foot off the ground two are about 6 inches off the ground at least one is definitely crooked šŸ˜† Ill see if they have a preference. Still need to add some first Saturday lime, some fake eggs, and some better nesting material. They can however now start exploring them and getting used to them being in the coop. :)
788F7082-F7C5-4F8F-9EA0-3E427F984D11.jpeg

My friend is coming in the morning and will hopefully change these wood chips in their run. The rain has ruined the last change
I am with you on the rain!! Its been pretty nonstop here in southern Ohio. It has tested our coop build to be sure. So far only a few small wet spots in the run. But uggg the humidity even with it being so cold is really quite an unpleasant weather combination.

Weather whining tax:
50B8A46F-0997-4290-966F-C36A5829E8BE.jpeg

Had to take it sideways because you could see the entire couch. Also, Ponypoor is written very lightly so I had to find some way to make it easier to see. Grandma covers herself up with a slip of paper.
View attachment 3341857
Way too lazy to celebrate your birthday. Look at that couch potato... or cushion potato.
View attachment 3341873
But there's someone else who's non-poultry that deserves a little of your birthday fun...
View attachment 3341895
Love these, especially Grandma peeking out from behind the paper!

Their Own Beds

with the new roost design in the coop, everyone of the top 4 have their own roost with Betty in the nest box. I'm starting to get the impression they don't like each other.

View attachment 3341943

Phyllis stays in the Cluckle Hut until Aurora goes to bed. Then she switches coops. I can't figure out how she knows Aurora is roosted. She just does somehow. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Phyllis knows because the sounds of terror have died down and - donā€™t tell Aurora - she can hear her snoring! :gig

I am with you on the rain!! Its been pretty nonstop here in southern Ohio. It has tested our coop build to be sure. So far only a few small wet spots in the run. But uggg the humidity even with it being so cold is really quite an unpleasant weather combination.

Weather whining tax:
View attachment 3342210
I've added a dehumidifier in here yesterday bought from amazon...

This is a really good heat for them to settle into their coop. I'm using one for now but have a second so it can be used when the snow comes. It will be 1c in the morning so I'm expecting frost overnight
20221206_151646.jpg

In addition too the above I have hung a sheet over the doors which is another great help... A second solution I found to the damp was too add salt inside a covered container with holes in the lid, which helps with drawing away the moisture. I sprinkled pine oil too mine, just as a little freshener then wiped their perches with vinegar and peppermint oil.

All mentioned will be done again tomorrow with a vinegar salt and oils wash on their run floor before adding the fresh wood chips.

Maybe these small details could come in handy for those of us that have no electricity source nearby the coops.

I just checked my kiddos and everyone is all over the place! Even Mr P is on the Roost tonight! I too think they all hate each other - except the 3 white silkie gals - sisters those 3 haha!
Something happened last night so that Popcorn got locked out. They are usually in to roost with plenty of time, so I think there was some upset. Iā€™m going to watch tonight.

That's a pretty sweet deal!

It was a very busy day - mobilizing equipment in - you know how it is :)

I gave up though, couldn't concentrate anyways too many birthday wishes to enjoy :)
I'll work this gig until next week then I'm going to Japan to work until early January. Overseas + holidays = mucho dinero šŸ¤‘

Bob, I'll pay tax if I can get home in time today for pictures.

I'll work this gig until next week then I'm going to Japan to work until early January. Overseas + holidays = mucho dinero šŸ¤‘

Bob, I'll pay tax if I can get home in time today for pictures.
Safe journey šŸ™

I'm eagerly awaiting these photographs I really enjoy seeing other countries ā˜ŗ I haven't travelled for years and really miss this

Back
Top Bottom