One iota plus one iota = two iotas, I could be wrong 😑
One iota+ one iota = 1 dot (a bigger iota, rendering it no longer an iota).

I worked Christmas Eve at Walmart thus my brain has gone loopy tax.
20221207_081933.jpg

Awesome photos and love the math 😊

So chicken math - if I have one broody silkie who is one of 13 and she hatches 4 chicks what is the percent increase of my flock (assuming they are all pullets). 🤨
4/13. Gives you a decimal, convert to % Easy peasy.:D

However, just like all math, it is only as good as the numbers put in and the formula used. Pay attention to your variables!

A) If one silkie goes broody, at least one more will, too.

B) 100% pullets would be quite the anomaly. What is your hatched average for pullets? If it is close to @RebeccaBoyd 's average, your increase would be somewhere between 0% & 8%

C) Is it when you are around or your mum? If mum, it is actually likely to be 3 gone broody, one hidden with 9-12 chicks just appearing one day behind the 'lost' hen!

:lau:lau:lau:lau

Wow that’s hot for sure! Why can’t there be a happy medium - I want it to be 25c year round 😊

So how do you keep your girls cool? I had some stress with trying to keep my gals cool and the humidity really bothered them.
The last time it got that hot I made them a Coolgardie safe. I dug a big hole, tented two fence panels over it and covered it with hessian. Then I dripped water over the top and also put a tarp up to keep the sun off when it came around. They didn't stay in there, but hung around the entrance, still panting. I'm quite dreading it, actually.

Back
Top Bottom