Rosie update.

This will probably bite me in the butt and I will end up coming down with whatever she has but I slept with her last night. She is sicker this time around then with covid. I kept her propped up on several pillows and she woke up about every 3 hours gasping for breath. She finally went into a deep sleep about 5 and slept until 10. When she woke up she had a fever or 102. This is high for her as her normal is in the 97 range. It was very obvious she was not going to be able to go back to school tomorrow so I did what the dr last night told me to do. Call the clinic and if need be they would extend her excuse. Nope, would have had to bring her back in tonight to be re-evaluated. I asked about her chest x-rays, still nothing. Ok, yup that is not going to work for me so I called her primary care doctor and explained the situation. Yes he was fully booked today but told me to have her there in 20 minutes and he would squeeze her in. We knew she tested positive for strep last night, but that was the only test they did. They also told me her ears were clear when that was her chief complaint. He looked at them, ear infection in both ears. She also has bronchitis and she was also given a upper respiratory panel test that will be back by 9 tomorrow. The bronchitis might be pneumonia, he is calling to get a rush to read her x-rays and will call me back this afternoon. We discussed her treatment for when she tested positive for covid and he is not happy. All she was given was a steroid shot, albuterol inhaler and told to take musinex. They did not give any antibiotics stating she did not need them. His treatment protocol for covid is steroid shot plus a z-pack, decongestant and a steroid pack. She does not return to school until Monday. She is to stay on the omnicef, but also got a antibiotic shot and a steroid shot. A steroid pack she starts tomorrow, decongestant, new inhaler that has a steroid in it she takes every 12 hours plus ordering a nebulizer that we should be able to pick up this afternoon and ear drops. She is on the verge of being hospitalized. She still could be pending results of the x-ray and the respiratory panel. Right now she just ate and has fallen back asleep. I'm going to leave her alone for a hour or two then check her temperature again. I know she is contagious, but I will be staying with her until she starts improving.
Poor thing that sounds completely awful. I have been there I hope with all the new stuff they gave her she is feeling better by tomorrow

She was very close to being called Magpie. I was trying to think of other black birds besides a crow. Raven was too pretty to be called Crow, and I will not name her daughter that either. Now the other solid black I think Raven daughter, Magpie might be a possibility for her.
Great-tailed Grackle is beautiful:
Bnbbyc19 Geralyn Bartolazzi

You could call her GT for short :D

22 of my notifications were fuentemoon liking my posts.
Also, I'm really excited for tomorrow because the weather is getting hotter.
View attachment 3398503
As well as next week.
View attachment 3398504
fuentemoon's reacting bomb tax:
View attachment 3398498
Oh that's great your weather is warming up! It's nice here also, but looks like another cold snap by the weekend - oh well can't change the weather!

So what on earth is Grandma up to today? looks like she is trying to test out colours for her :) Both those go very well with her colouring! :)

ooh, I like Grackle, it is different. So that would have 4 of the 5 named. Ducky, Athena, Perdita and Grackle. That just leaves Squirrels mini me. Mom was no help, asked for her suggestion, Squirrely. Umm...nope don't think so.
How about chipmunk (same family as squirrel, but smaller)? What color is she (sorry, I don't remember which one is left of the tweens - can yo post a picture?)

I'll think on other names, and see if I come up with something else later on.

Great-tailed Grackle is beautiful:
Bnbbyc19 Geralyn Bartolazzi

You could call her GT for short :D
The grackle's voice is less than mellow,
His heart is black, his eye is yellow,
He bullies more attractive birds
With hoodlum deeds and vulgar words,
And should a human interfere,
Attacks that human in the rear.
I cannot help but deem the grackle
An ornithological debacle.

DSCN0347.JPG

ooh, I like Grackle, it is different. So that would have 4 of the 5 named. Ducky, Athena, Perdita and Grackle. That just leaves Squirrels mini me. Mom was no help, asked for her suggestion, Squirrely. Umm...nope don't think so.
Ummm - I missed how you called Ducky - Ducky... :) Why is he/she Ducky? Just Ducky? My Little Ducky? Mucky Ducky?

Back
Top Bottom