Is it possible that foraged food causes their crops to bulge bigger? Maybe because the commercial feed is so nutrient dense that when they forage they have to eat a bigger volume to get the nutrients they need?

I ask because the coop cam caught both Bernie and Babs walking through the door and what can I say? Amazing they can stand upright!

View attachment 3423839View attachment 3423840
They are going to need support soon!

My yard is trashed! They won’t stop digging, scratching and more digging.
The whole area looks like a WW 1 war zone! :barnie
Ya well that's what chickens do! Enjoy it! they are aerating the soil :)

I have always thought that was interesting as well. It's like if you can steal it you can have it.
Yes I have noticed that too, seems to me that food isn't as important as Roost space!

Two frogs sitting on a log, their names were Pete and Repeet. Pete slipped off the log, so who was left? “Repeet!”
Okay, Two frogs sitting on a log, their names were Pete and Repeet. Pete slipped off the log, so who was left? “Repeet” okay……….
:gig:plbb
That truly deserves a lot of TAX :) and you know I am gonna ask for rocks right?

So, a very long day today - even though the workday was same length as always.:th

I am glad to have FBA tonight!

I know it isn't a two-fer, but it IS a 2^2, so does it count as a double two-fer?View attachment 3424995

I should have had a few more BRs up there, and then could have asked 'where's Waldo 😆 The two on the right sort of blend together. Fitting, as they are like 2 peas in a pod!
I thought it was a Zebra at first glance hahahaha! those 4 legs, strips...

I hope your evening is better :hugs

Congrats on POW, Pony.

I think someone wants to join in...
View attachment 3425013
Thanks GtC :) Is that Tony? You know I love a nice Barred Rock 💕

Love that photo. You should submit it to POW.
Agreed 100% - great photo!

You paranoia about broodies is fun. :lau
I am hoping for a broodie hen in the next few weeks, then she can get a few of those marvelous Americaunas and have her brood them!

Especially not me! Hen-Rietta has a bad bumble foot and I can’t hold her and fix it up at the same time! :hit
Oh No! Poor Ms Rietta :( try putting her wrapped in a towel like a baby, that is what I have to do with Henny Penny to trim her funky nails. Good luck, hopefully you can get a good look at it 💕

Leg is getting there. Still weird spots of numbness, tingling, etc. There isn’t pain most of the time unless I move it wrong or accidentally put a little weight on it when trying to change clothes and things like that. Will have my appointment next week to find out about starting PT.

That is Jasmine, I have always considered her my most “exotic” looking. Until I started seeing pictures in BYC of others that look so much like she does. Lol

View attachment 3424543

View attachment 3424544

View attachment 3424545

View attachment 3424546

View attachment 3424548
She's gorgeous

Back in Business
Hattie laid her first egg of the year on Saturday. In nest box 1. She is the only one laying in nest box 1 at this point.

20230304_175506.jpg

Back
Top Bottom