I will try this tomorrow and see if mine like fresh pine.

What about cedar?
No, not cedar. I have read that the cedar oil is bad for their lungs when you use it as bedding (so you shouldn't use it as chicken bedding), so I would NOT give them cedar branches with fresh needles without reading up on it first and making sure it is okay.

No, not cedar. I have read that the cedar oil is bad for their lungs when you use it as bedding (so you shouldn't use it as chicken bedding), so I would NOT give them cedar branches with fresh needles without reading up on it first and making sure it is okay.
I use the fluffy white pine shavings same as the horses bedding. I haven’t seen anything here on cedar eating….

I use the fluffy white pine shavings same as the horses bedding. I haven’t seen anything here on cedar eating….
@Ponypoor , I don't mean to go off topic...but why do you say you're "pony poor"?

tax
IMG_0627.JPG

@Ponypoor , I don't mean to go off topic...but why do you say you're "pony poor"?

tax
View attachment 3436073
Oooo so cute - careful though she will be on beakbook before you know!!

When I had my horses long long ago my email was ponypoor, I had horses and as they say one can easily become a millionaire with horses….

All you have to do is start with a billion dollars!!! Thus ponypoor stuck ha!

F33BA4CA-2751-412E-8600-0D0A6EA1F8C7.jpeg

Mine don't eat the dried ones, but they do demolish the green ones!
Remember, we were talking about the green pine needles here....
I will try this tomorrow and see if mine like fresh pine.

What about cedar?
And you asked about giving them Cedar, too. (see below).

I know you don't use cedar shavings - I was referring to the Cedar branches (green) you were thinking of giving them, or at least asking about. My train of thought was - itf it is bad to use as bedding, I would NOT give them green branches (to eat the needles) of cedar without doing some research first...just to be sure.

Remember, we were talking about the green pine needles here....

And you asked about giving them Cedar, too. (see below).

I know you don't use cedar shavings - I was referring to the Cedar branches (green) you were thinking of giving them, or at least asking about. My train of thought was - itf it is bad to use as bedding, I would NOT give them green branches (to eat the needles) of cedar without doing some research first...just to be sure.
I found a twig of pine that had fallen off the red pines from the wind yesterday which I brought to the barn.

It will be interesting to see what they do with it 😁

Back
Top Bottom